• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2017 Vector rear suspension shock blown out, it's a fox air shock!

roadking

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha sidewinder
Wifes 2017 vector rear suspension fox air shock blown with only 200 miles on it!

I wasn't aware they changed up the rear suspension on the vectors.

They use the Single Shot rear suspension now. You ride it a single time, and it's shot!

Good one Mike! 16 and 17 Vectors have the Single Shot.

Original post is the reason I'll NEVER own a sled with an air shock anywhere. Blow a shock, especially the rear, your trip is done! WTF was Yamaha thinking? But I've asked WTF have they been thinking when it comes to rear skids for years now.

I hope thousands of them blow! (said with apologies to the owners of the sleds).

I wasn't aware they changed up the rear suspension on the vectors.

Aside from knowing when you bought the sled, you found out the hard way my friend.

it's a 2017 and the wife's not happy! She wants here 2012 back!

it's a 2017 and the wife's not happy! She wants here 2012 back!

Buy my 2014 Vector LTX and I don't blame her one bit for not being happy. Season is way too short for a stupid breakdown (IMO) like this.

you could always contact hygear to see if they make a twisted set-up that would replace the air shock.

Hygear has nothing on their website for the single shots. If they did it would be their custom Axis shock, which isn't cheap. I can't believe they ditched the mono for this air rear.

Just got back from dropping it off at the dealer, new air shock will be in Thursday.

Also left my sidewinder up there and told them to check the primary bolt, turbo bolts, heat shield and yes I'm having engine cut out issues also!

Back