1. PLEASE READ: If you have problems logging in with your old password, click the Forgot Password link in the log in screen to get an email verification to request a new password or click Here. If you haven't received a new password from the forum please email your username and password to webmaster@totallyamaha.com. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All hotmail, msn, outlook, live email accounts are not receiving email notifications. The only way to remedy this is to add @totallyamaha.com to your safe senders list in order to receive notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

2017 Yamaha Sidewinder R-TX Review from snowmobile.com

Discussion in 'SideWinder Trail Talk' started by MrSled, Jun 7, 2016.

1. MrSled

MrSled Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator VIP Member

USA
    Snowmobile:
    2017 Sidewinder
    2017 Yamaha Sidewinder R-TX Review

[​IMG]

The hottest sport sled on snow for 2017
    Yamaha wins big in the ultra-sport trail category. Not since its vaunted SRX series has Yamaha fielded a set of all-world champions like the Sidewinder series. They are powerful with Yamaha’s “ultra-performance” turbocharged 998cc three cylinder four-stroke. They have proven handling with the Arctic Cat sourced platform and suspensions. And they have that Yamaha breeding that puts its own special touches on the finished product. Yamaha wins big and so do Yamaha Sidewinder R-TX buyers.

Yamaha’s Sidewinder R-TX will be the hottest trail sled you can buy for model year 2017. Well, other than Arctic Cat’s Thundercat. Of the Sidewinder models, the R-TX alone is Yamaha’s speed trail statement. The R-TX is about performance – all about performance. Under the hood is some of the smoothest performing high-performance engines snowmobiling has ever seen. Officially Yamaha claims 180 horsepower at maximum revs. Unofficially you’ll see reports of 200 horsepower. Does it really matter? Just know that when you push the throttle lever to the bar and hold it, the sled will quickly – and we do mean quickly – achieve triple digits. It’s incredibly smooth power, linear like a turbine or Tesla electric ramping up. Just as incredibly, that power is manageable. Read more.... click here

3. bleedyamaha

bleedyamaha TY 4 Stroke Guru

USA
    Snowmobile:
    2014 Sr viper ltx se 94 vmax 600
    Really nice write up. Makes the summer even longer "THANKS" !

MrSled likes this.
  4. sxr70001

sxr70001 TY 4 Stroke Junkie

USA
    Snowmobile:
    SR Viper RTX SE
    SXR 700
    FYI

The snowmobile.com website tried to put a fake version of flash on my computer, so be careful.

5. uprider800

uprider800 Expert

USA
    Snowmobile:
    Arctic Cat xf 9000
    Good read thanks. I'm getting more excited by the day.

MrSled and bleedyamaha like this.
  6. stevewithOCD

stevewithOCD Lifetime Member Lifetime VIP Member

Mr. Sled is deliberately trying to ruin my summer! Seriously I will say i have extreme confidence in this new engine. As i said before, i am now riding an FJ-09 3 cylinder bike that absolutely rocks. Yamaha nailed this bike with this motor & light weight....yes you heard it...light weight. For $9000 i can hang with the $17,000 Ducati's & $19,000 BMW's all day in every category. BTW the Ducati broke down & was out for 2 months...

MrSled and Turbo 998 like this.
  7. MrSled

USA
    Snowmobile:
    2017 Sidewinder

Very sweet bike.. I just saw the new release on the FZ-10... another very trick bike.

8. stevewithOCD

stevewithOCD Lifetime Member Lifetime VIP Member

Actually i check this site 3 times a day to see if ANYTHING new gets posted on the Winder. So i can't blame Mr. Sled for my own addictions or tormenting me. Please Mr. Sled...keep it coming...BTW i was Striper fishing this morn with a Yamaha 4-s boat motor. I may buy a Yamaha guitar just to grow my YAMAHA family...

Dusty Dan and MrSled like this.
  9. MrSled

USA
    Snowmobile:
    2017 Sidewinder

Right on!! lol

10. super_rash

super_rash Expert

Canada
    can't wait for winter... my 2 motocycles just don't make up for the lack of sledding in the summer months, nore does the Jetboat, ATV, and cart...so can't wait to get back into the saddle...

MrSled likes this.
  11. Blueaway

Blueaway Lifetime Member Lifetime VIP Member VIP Member

Canada
    Snowmobile:
    2017 sidewinder
    That sucks no heated seat on the rtx se