• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2018 best prices on sidewinder

That's unbelievable!!! $13,610 for a 2018 Winder XTX 137 SE and you get the $600 in accessories. Could you get for less if you did not take the accessories.? Did they only ask for the $500 deposit to order? No trade involved?
Care to share the dealer.

I might order mine through them then. Might be Worth the Drive.
Maybe you could order about 35 of them in assorted models?

Maybe you could order about 35 of them in assorted models?
I wish I could afford to do that. I'd be getting a few new pick ups too lol

I cannot believe the discounts you guys are getting in the states. Local Yami dealer has 10 left over Sidewinders and he is only giving $1000 ($700 usd) off. New LTX-LE is $19700 up here before tax.

A localish dealer has leftover 17 winder ltx se for 12199 including the 5 year warranty

Wondering who has been out shopping and what kind of deals you all are getting.

Once again it looks like Nelson's has some great pricing.

Rtx 5oth
$16,699 MSRP
$14,399 Selling for
(With all incentives in, BEFORE taxes)

Anyone else got some good pricing from other dealers?

Dan

I know some think that the above pricing is still too much to pay for a sled, but my perspective, coming from a guy who bought last year from my regions dealer, WOW what a deal. Last year when I was shopping I remember a post concerning a shop in Troy NY he had best prices by far. It sounded too good to be true, and I decided to give a local guy my business for multiple reasons, his reputation from others I know well, his parts prices have always been lower then others around and his love for performance mods!

NY to Maine is doable for me, I have traveled to Michigan, NY, Canada twice all for better prices on used sleds, but this last time I stayed home to buy much like I have done many other times.

Bottom line is our area calls for higher prices on both ends I guess, just not sure why?? Longer season maybe.

Great prices for an RTX-LE as far as I am concerned!!! You may want to buy 2 at those prices. Lol.

Got my spring order in on the 2018 sidewinder mtx le 153, 21,000 Canadian taxes in! Out the door !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This is my quote and order. I thought I was doing OK with trade in considered.

Attachments

• IMG_20170325_0001.pdf
    596.5 KB · Views: 278
Hey guys, just joined the site. Currently ride a 2007 Apex GT. But last night I snowchecked my new 2018 Sidewinder RTX LE 129 50th anniversary edition. I'm pretty excited!! Hope I'm gonna like it?? I loved my Apex..it was a bulletproof SOB LOL!! It was quick and fast. Hoping the new sidewinder is going to live up to the billing??

I'm from CT, but buying my 18 in Caribou, ME. I do my riding in Northern Aroostook County, so decided to purchase it there at GARY'S Yamaha.

Being Im an out of state resident, I won't be paying any sales tax(saving a nice chunk there). Dealer took the promotional 600 dollars of the sled, and then took an additional 400 dollars off, to make an even 1000 dollars off. And upped the 3yr warranty to 5 year warranty for no cost. I was happy with that deal. Also going to hold it for me until December 26th, and have it ready for pick up/delivery as I pass through on my first trip the day after Xmas...very convenient and hassle free for me in that regard.

Been hearing that the 129 transfers better than the 137, is that true?? And coming off a 121 shorty...129 will seem long to me. And to be honest, I didn't want the 137 anyway. I liked the all blue..but couldn't get it for 18 in a 129. So went with the 50th anniversary red white and black...hope it looks as nice in person as it does on line??

Anyway, great to be aboard the site..ready to learn all I can.

The actual deal is 600 in Yam accessories, but if I want the cash off they allow 450 cash off which is what dealer gets(not the full 600)

So I always ask dealer bottom line. 14,399 is bottom line with all incentives in, as I posted in OP. I could not even find 600 bucks worth of Yam accessories Id want or need.lol

I do like the $189 for 2 yrs to give a total of 5 yrs warranty, one dealer wanted 600 extra for the 2 yrs.

BTW, for those that are new to warranty....its only 1 yr true warranty BtB. Anything over and above yr 1 is Yamaha extended warranty which has a $50 deductible per incident I was told. If you are getting a offer for extended warranty with a deductible it is not Yamaha warranty.

Dan
Just FYI Yamaha extended warranty is from Yamaha and has no deductible. You are thinking Cat or Doo which has their own warranty for one year and after that it is a outside company such as Cat Care and those require Deductible. Yamaha is the only company that insures themselves for extended warranty.

for those of you in or near ny... excell motorsports was in the top ten this year..and if you order a sw...I believe you get a excell stage 2 kit installed for free!!!!!!!!

Hey guys, just joined the site. Currently ride a 2007 Apex GT. But last night I snowchecked my new 2018 Sidewinder RTX LE 129 50th anniversary edition. I'm pretty excited!! Hope I'm gonna like it?? I loved my Apex..it was a bulletproof SOB LOL!! It was quick and fast. Hoping the new sidewinder is going to live up to the billing??

I'm from CT, but buying my 18 in Caribou, ME. I do my riding in Northern Aroostook County, so decided to purchase it there at GARY'S Yamaha.

Being Im an out of state resident, I won't be paying any sales tax(saving a nice chunk there). Dealer took the promotional 600 dollars of the sled, and then took an additional 400 dollars off, to make an even 1000 dollars off. And upped the 3yr warranty to 5 year warranty for no cost. I was happy with that deal. Also going to hold it for me until December 26th, and have it ready for pick up/delivery as I pass through on my first trip the day after Xmas...very convenient and hassle free for me in that regard.

Been hearing that the 129 transfers better than the 137, is that true?? And coming off a 121 shorty...129 will seem long to me. And to be honest, I didn't want the 137 anyway. I liked the all blue..but couldn't get it for 18 in a 129. So went with the 50th anniversary red white and black...hope it looks as nice in person as it does on line??

Anyway, great to be aboard the site..ready to learn all I can.

Welcome aboard! Congrats on new ride. Had 5 Apex's...great sled...only thing I didn't like was the reverse. I'm excited to see my spring order LTX-Le winder as well. Never done a spring order before:) and never had a 137...all 121's... Tried a Viper last year but it wasn't for me.

Welcome aboard! Congrats on new ride. Had 5 Apex's...great sled...only thing I didn't like was the reverse. I'm excited to see my spring order LTX-Le winder as well. Never done a spring order before:) and never had a 137...all 121's... Tried a Viper last year but it wasn't for me.

Thank you!!

Yes, the manual reverse was a little antiquated...but it worked with some shifting.

I'm very excited too, to see my 2018 50th anniversary edition. Hope it's as sweet as it is in the pictures??

My 2007 Apex GT was an over achiever...it put a Beatin on most all 800's. The only sled that it couldn't beat was the Cat 1100 Turbo..on the top!! Hope the "WINDER" can out do the 1100 Cat Turbo??

And I've never had anything bigger than a 121 inch track either. So the 129 for me will be a new experience.

Back