• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2018 best prices on sidewinder

In Canada, anyone know out of pocket amount I would have to pay for trading in my 2017 LTX LE for a 2018 RTX LE, only 2,000km, 4th wheel, no damage, never rolled, 144 studs
I wish the red LE had red slide rails :mad:

Watching them on Kijiji they are selling at about $14500 if they are clean, picked, and have warranty left. Trade in should be well under that so you can go from there, but you save tax on the trade in amount. Hope that helps.

I pay 45(NYS REG) plus 25(club fee) at home each yr for REG...total per year is 70 usd.

Up here the yearly reg used to be 10 per yr, but i think its closer to 25 or 30 cad now. Still far less then 70 usd.

Not sure why you are talking about trail permits, but that is something I MUST buy as I ride here, so that is never gonna change. Paying for NY trail fund was always a mute point for me as I never rode any NY trail.

So as I said, Registration is cheaper to buy/own a sled up here for me yearly.

Dan

Oh now I see what you're saying. The difference is the 45 dollars you pay in NY is your registration and trail permit. That is the only funding the clubs get to build, maintain and groom trails in NY.

Ok, I have talked to at least 10 dealers in lower Mi.

2018 LTX-LE 50th anniversary was out the door at $15,477 at nelson speed shop. You dont have to fanagle the price.

US 27 motorsports is about the same. Was $800 cheaper than my local dealer. No brainer.

Got the deal signed today....So its official. the 50th RTX is on order!

Now the long summer wait....grrrrr

;)! Congrats on the new sled. Very nice choice.

Congrats Dan! It was a year ago that you and I were at Don's checking out the new Sidewinder. I can't believe both of us ended up buying one. There are a few of us loyal 1200 owners who have switched including Knapp and others. I think there will be more especially when the shine wears off of the 850. I think you will really enjoy playing around with the SW. It is a great sled and a lot of fun to ride. I'm really happy I took a chance on mine and have no regrets. Good luck and I can't wait to see what you do with yours.

Joe

Congrats Dan! It was a year ago that you and I were at Don's checking out the new Sidewinder. I can't believe both of us ended up buying one. There are a few of us loyal 1200 owners who have switched including Knapp and others. I think there will be more especially when the shine wears off of the 850. I think you will really enjoy playing around with the SW. It is a great sled and a lot of fun to ride. I'm really happy I took a chance on mine and have no regrets. Good luck and I can't wait to see what you do with yours.

Joe
Thanks Joe!

Yes funny how things change, yep just a year ago we were at dealer looking over the prototype.

I am very excited, and Don really took care of me. So its a huge weight off my shoulders now for next fall. He just does so many things most dealers wont do. I cant even tell anyone cause i promised Id keep it to myself. Needless to say he has been my dealer for a long time for just these reasons.

Gonna be fun next yr!

Dan

Thanks Joe!

Yes funny how things change, yep just a year ago we were at dealer looking over the prototype.

I am very excited, and Don really took care of me. So its a huge weight off my shoulders now for next fall. He just does so many things most dealers wont do. I cant even tell anyone cause i promised Id keep it to myself. Needless to say he has been my dealer for a long time for just these reasons.

Gonna be fun next yr!

Dan

Thank you Dan and Joe for your business. It is Greatly Appreciated.

Dan, It has been fun dropping the bait a few months ago and finally getting you realled in!!! LOL.

Seriously! I appreciate you working with us and hammering out a deal you are happy with. I know you could have saved a little cash by purchasing in Canada (since you live/ ride there all winter) but you overlooked by seeing what we have done and will continue to do for you in the future. Once Again Greatly Appreciated!!

Yes it will be a long summer, but it will be worth the wait!!!

Thanks Don Jr
Don George's Sports Center.

Good for you!!

Ordered my RTX 50th back on March 24th..seems like forever ago lol and it's been barely 3 weeks.

Studs and the 4th wheel kit and that will probably do it for me as far as changes go most likely. Will ride it and see what I think about the skis?? If I dont like em, will go with the pilot 5.7's(have them on my 07 Apex now).

50th Looks great in the pictures...hope it looks as good in person?

Dan, It has been fun dropping the bait a few months ago and finally getting you realled in!!! LOL.

Seriously! I appreciate you working with us and hammering out a deal you are happy with. I know you could have saved a little cash by purchasing in Canada (since you live/ ride there all winter) but you overlooked by seeing what we have done and will continue to do for you in the future. Once Again Greatly Appreciated!!

Thanks Don Jr
I think a lot of people (An that's what started the post) overlook the dealer they use. You may not get the best price but if you develop a friendship with them and they make something on the sale they will go further out of the way to help than a random dealer you bought from to save $500. An now that you drove all that way to save $500 where you taking it for service, how good is that service and who you gonna whine to if you're not happy. I paid little more so a friend can feed his kids An keep heat on aswell as keep his doors open so that I can continue buying there and getting service done.

Good decision!! I put down my $500 a few weeks ago. I think about it everyday! lol I started talking about snowmobiles here and nobody cares to hear about it. They want summer. blah blah blah!! Summer suck!!
Make sure you save me a RTX(129) Stealth 4wh axle kit....I like this much better then the "add ons" , and want NOTHING to do with any tri-hub crap. lol

Got your page bookmarked...if you happen to have a "summer sale" let me know bud!

Dan

Thanks Don Jr

Thanks Don.

I have to add, the me being OCD , you just cannot feel better about a dealer then having a dealer like DGs...While there is nothing he can do about the CA dollar vs USD, he was able to help out with many other things that make this deal the "smartest" way to go for me. I feel so much more at ease now that we hammered it out. Not a care in the world now, just the wait.

I started buying sleds from Don's Father(Don senior) way back when I was a kid. I used to love driving out to DGs as a young teen and seeing all the sleds/bikes ect....Jr is not like dealing with some sales guy, He tells you the truth and does not need to go ask the owner....From great parts pricing to knowing the ins and outs of performance parts, and mods..that is the key for me. Not often the owner, sales guy and performance guru is all the same guy. Learned alot from Don over the yrs, he was the true originator of the Pilots on Yamahas....made me a believer day one with my apex, and been running pilots on every sled ive owned ever since. And since he sells DOO/Yam/Cat he knows them all well, gets all the parts for me I need.

This barely scratches the surface as to what type a dealer he is...And he is worth going to IMO. Price is not beat when you take into account the WHOLE deal. He got me into the 5 yr warranty, something I was not really considering...but could not pass up with what he told me. So in the end, I feel better about this deal than any other.

Thanks again Don

Back