• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2018 updates

I live in washburn right off the rr bed,do service work for sears,went by eagle lake today,ice is looking soft,too bad its over but cant wait for next season,18 sw 137 on order,gonna be hard to step off my 06 apex and ride new sled but think I can adapt,apex will be ready just in case tho

I do all my riding up there!! Stay in St agatha(at the motor inn) or in Sinclair(rent a cabin) sometimes. 18 SW RTX LE 50th on order also, coming off an Apex too -07. But I just sold mine Saturday, so my trailer is empty now, awaiting the new Turbo...so there's no going back for me now lol!!!!

Love it up there!! And ya..it's over for sure, but let's get summer here and turn the corner toward fall lol...look at us wishing our life away.

Yep. I'm miserable already. And dealer is the key to any purchase. That's why I laugh at people driving a cpl states away to save a few hundred of theybhave a great dealer near them. Support your local dealer or your dealer local to where you ride. A great relationship with them will make your winters so much smoother.
Totally agree with supporting your local dealer. I ordered my 18 SW RTX LE from Mountain Trout House Yamaha in Dorset, trails I run go right past their door. In fact, I can park and unload there, buy fuel there as well and the owner, Don Abel, posts online great video reports updating trails and lakes. They've earned their five star Yamaha dealer ratings.

Yep. I'm miserable already. And dealer is the key to any purchase. That's why I laugh at people driving a cpl states away to save a few hundred of theybhave a great dealer near them. Support your local dealer or your dealer local to where you ride. A great relationship with them will make your winters so much smoother.
I agree to a certain point, but when prices fluctuate a few thousands, then its worth the savings. There are still dealers out there trying to sell at full retail, which makes me laugh. Those same dealers are stuck with allot of inventory in the spring. I understand dealers need to make money, but they don't need to make it all on one sale.

Dan

Don's price for my SW beat Bracebridge Yamaha, by four figures!!

Not sure how the incentive structure is from Yamaha. But I know a lot of times they are at or below cost on spring pricing for them. And 1000 isn't a lot compared to knowing you'll be riding and not having issues that go unheard or unresolved. There's dealer 10 min from me, best prices on north east and good luck getting anything done and then buying parts your gonna make up the difference in price. I def get not wanting to get screwed but I sold snowmobiles and boats back around 05 when the apexs came out and all that and snowmobilers are so finicky about price. $200 and they were driving 4 hours to save that and then want to bring it to us for warrenty work and if they damaged something. One looked at me funny when I quoted what my managers always told me (took me months to figure it out myself) but the customer that pays more is happier. Because the dealer made money so they aren't discouraged about the sale and just want that product out the door and never seen again, and because they made money they can buy new tools, training, pay for more or more proficent techs. And then when updates come around you're likely to have them done instead of being told that it's $50 or having to call and pry out of them that any updates even exist.

Anyway I hope that the roller issue is addressed for 18.

I live in washburn right off the rr bed,do service work for sears,went by eagle lake today,ice is looking soft,too bad its over but cant wait for next season,18 sw 137 on order,gonna be hard to step off my 06 apex and ride new sled but think I can adapt,apex will be ready just in case tho
170 plus,yesterday,on chanell 6 down south,they showed in front of sporting club restraint,in Sinclair,a huge gang cutting a huge circle wheel out of 2 feet of ice,and had a outboard motor,fired up,and turning it like a pin wheel,and in side the circle was sleds and people,was so cool to see this on the news. Yup,County rocks!!

The county had an outstanding snow season, it started early and ended late!

I too enjoy hitting those trails, they are the best that Maine has to offer, and you, living right in the middle of it all!!

You know that the Sidewinder was made for those trails, no wonder you had to buy one.lol

How many miles per year do you average? and oh yeah you will adapt...

Hopefully Yamaha has some updates in store for you 18 guys. Can't wait to hear about them.

Snowbeast and Motorhead. Im in the same area here and am going SW or ZR9000 (from a TZ1 Turbo) in the next 18 months.

Where did you purchase your sleds ?

Thanks !

Snowbeast and Motorhead. Im in the same area here and am going SW or ZR9000 (from a TZ1 Turbo) in the next 18 months.

Where did you purchase your sleds ?

Thanks !
Woodys in Topsham, he has been the boost King in this region for quite some time! They have been boosting sleds since the RX1 all the way back to 2003, so I felt he would have the best upcoming packages for extra power.

Where from?

Don's price for my SW beat Bracebridge Yamaha, by four figures!!
Interesting.....I talked to Don Abel, Gary at BB Yam, and also Aaron in NB and also Jason at Dewildt.

Don was the highest price, Gary was less....NB was cheapest until I told Dewildt, and he told me I could have a rtx LE 50th for 17,200. NO OTHER FEES(pre tax obviously) Gary at BB wanted 17,900, Aaron was at 17,398. Don told me over the phone 18,699.

Huge price swings in Ontario, while in states the pricing is typically within 200-400 max from dealer to dealer.

Dan

Interesting.....I talked to Don Abel, Gary at BB Yam, and also Aaron in NB and also Jason at Dewildt.

Don was the highest price, Gary was less....NB was cheapest until I told Dewildt, and he told me I could have a rtx LE 50th for 17,200. NO OTHER FEES(pre tax obviously) Gary at BB wanted 17,900, Aaron was at 17,398. Don told me over the phone 18,699.

Huge price swings in Ontario, while in states the pricing is typically within 200-400 max from dealer to dealer.

Dan
So, $19,436 taxes in. That sounds about right. Only, I won't deal with DeWildt. NB?

Here's my take on the pricing,Did I pay more by going to BB Maybe BUT I can tell you this when I need something repaired I'm FIRST in the door and always get treated right with Parts and accessories.so in the dead of winter when God forbid you have a breakdown and they can't fit you in as there is others in front of you at that point will that few hundred bucks matter? The past 40-$50,000 I've spent at Gary's and the service I get by all there tells me I made the right choice again that's just my opinion.

It's only money guys nothing else. If a few hundred bucks one way or another makes a big difference then maybe you guys need to look at a cheaper sled with less HP. I'm glad I have a bought and paid for Winder sitting in my garage because it must be hard doing all that math.

Back