• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2018 with EPS

What is the weight of the eps? With the release of the 2018 models I realized how conservative yamaha is. It took 8 years for them to put the FI version of the motor into the VK and 6 years for the EPS. Whatever, slow changes, nothing ground breaking or exciting but at least they work.

How wide are the new skis? I can't find the specs... Wonder if they would be a good replacement for a 2011, they look nice. I have 11" skins on mine and find them to big sometimes, hard to get the machine to roll over in a deep snow turn

What is the weight of the eps? With the release of the 2018 models I realized how conservative yamaha is. It took 8 years for them to put the FI version of the motor into the VK and 6 years for the EPS. Whatever, slow changes, nothing ground breaking or exciting but at least they work.

I had an 06 VK, sold it in the fall and bought a non current 2016. the new motor is great but the machine is slower than the 06. I really miss the little fabric pockets the old one had that were clipped on to the vents by your knees. The mirror placement still sucks as well. I have the 11" skins with 6" Woody doolies and the steering feels very light with the ski pressure in the factory setting.

Back