• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2018 Yamaha Release

I do not think it would be any different. Its all based on the past years and numbers. All businesses are doing this.. they all want more profit and more sales... The amount of sleds sold overall are very small numbers compares to ATVs, SXSs and even Scooters far out sell Sleds.
That is my thoughts exactly! My fear is the future of Yamaha in the snowmobile business! Are they truly in it for the long haul or not? I think the Yamaha faith full will be patient just as long as they have some reassurance that the company is in it for the next 50 years!

Bringing new tec on old models is nothing new. That tells me Yamaha has future plans for the new tec. ;)!
Yes they do have a history of that!

You have a right to complain and express your concerns but what did you actually expect? This season has been one of the worst to date and when was the last time you could actually use your sled more then a month without having to travel 4 or more hours? This sport is expensive as hell and do you really think its any easier to run a Snowmobile MFG business. Ill tell you this, it was a smart move partnering up with Arctic Cat ... they need Yamaha as much as Yamaha needs them..we have to learn to cherish the season and the time we have to ride.
I'm burned out on trailering to the U.P every time I want to ride, that's for sure. Really miss the days of consistent snow in Central Wisconsin.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

I'm burned out on trailering to the U.P every time I want to ride, that's for sure. Really miss the days of consistent snow in Central Wisconsin.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Right on!! If we had more money to stay home we could afford more.

Is there a aftermarket turbo for the SnoScoot yet? My oldest is 8 maybe its time to get him a sled. I've been looking for a fan cooled but have not found the one. Plans may have changed a touch. No 50th apex factory turbo that's what I was hoping for but this coins be a great way to get him interested. What to do

QUOTE="MrSled, post: 1360767, member: 21"]You have a right to complain and express your concerns but what did you actually expect? This season has been one of the worst to date and when was the last time you could actually use your sled more then a month without having to travel 4 or more hours? This sport is expensive as hell and do you really think its any easier to run a Snowmobile MFG business. Ill tell you this, it was a smart move partnering up with Arctic Cat ... they need Yamaha as much as Yamaha needs them..we have to learn to cherish the season and the time we have to ride.[/QUOTE]

Mr Sled I want to add something also. Please don't that this the wrong way, but yes we did have a bad winter and yes we have to truck our sleds to find snow. However why is this not effecting BRP or Polaris from continuing to lead the snowmobile industry?

Is there a aftermarket turbo for the SnoScoot yet? My oldest is 8 maybe its time to get him a sled. I've been looking for a fan cooled but have not found the one. Plans may have changed a touch. No 50th apex factory turbo that's what I was hoping for but this coins be a great way to get him interested. What to do

There is HP to be had out of that motor, just check it's history.

QUOTE="MrSled, post: 1360767, member: 21"]You have a right to complain and express your concerns but what did you actually expect? This season has been one of the worst to date and when was the last time you could actually use your sled more then a month without having to travel 4 or more hours? This sport is expensive as hell and do you really think its any easier to run a Snowmobile MFG business. Ill tell you this, it was a smart move partnering up with Arctic Cat ... they need Yamaha as much as Yamaha needs them..we have to learn to cherish the season and the time we have to ride.

Mr Sled I want to add something also. Please don't that this the wrong way, but yes we did have a bad winter and yes we have to truck our sleds to find snow. However why is this not effecting BRP or Polaris from continuing to lead the snowmobile industry?

Yamaha makes the snowmobile divisions stands on its own. Polaris and Bombardier do not.. they use all sides of the business (ATV, SXS, Watercraft) to make the best and Yamaha does not.. this i one huge downfall for Yamaha in my eyes. The other brands also design and build based on consumers and Yamaha builds a product and make the dealers sell it not necessarily based on what the market demands.

Last edited:
Yamaha makes the snowmobile divisions stands on its own. Polaris and Bombardier do not.. they use all sides of the business (ATV, SXS, Watercraft) to make the best and Yamaha does not.. this i one huge downfall for Yamaha in my eyes. The other brands also design and build based on consumers and Yamaha builds a product and make the dealers sell it not necessarily based on what the market demands.

If that's true, that there buisness plan is building a product that is not in demand by the market! Then they "" DESERVE TO FAIL""!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Truly disappointed in the Apex offering. Certainly not convinced the singleshot will offer a better ride than my current mono with Ohlins. Don't need or want the lame front shock YRSS. If I could justify spending this kind of money on something I can't even use two months out of a year I'd spend an extra 1K and get the sidewinder 50th anniversary offering more power and better ride/handling.

Back