• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2018 Yamaha Release

In my own opinion Yamaha is only riding the wave with Cat as long as their agreement allows,who knows what the future holds,keep in mind the snowmobile industry can't rely on the weather to survive spending absorbant amounts of money to accommodate the small number of people buying new machines as I mentioned about the weather,our winters have been quite warm in the past few,they know this,so in correlation to this both companies can survive and profit on what they currently have.It seems as if everyone wants this new jet fighter snowmobile to come out every year,but need to keep in mind with the cost of retooling and all other costs incurred to may not allow them to do so if only a small number of sleds can be sold.Cat supplies the chassis,Yamaha blew their nut on the engine and electronics making both combos a very desirable sled they both can capitalize on.Yes there is always room for improvements and ideas and usually after market companies pick up that slack in due time to accommodate your fix.When you have something good ,you can make it great,otherwise be happy with what you have.
Very well said, there's a lot of truth to this.

5 sleds

Viper
Vk 540
Sidewinder
Sr venture dx
Snowscoot

A couple of years ago, I test rode a TF with EPS and loved it. The EPS made all the difference with this aging guy. Smooth ride and easy on the arms. I'd be open to buying an SR Venture as my 10 year old MP (which hasn't changed much since) is starting to get harder for me to handle . To me, no EPS is a deal killer so I would likely seek out an RS/TF with EPS.

And I don't care what anybody says, a 1" track is just lame nowadays, not just for takeoff traction but more importantly, braking.

A couple of years ago, I test rode a TF with EPS and loved it. The EPS made all the difference with this aging guy. Smooth ride and easy on the arms. I'd be open to buying an SR Venture as my 10 year old MP (which hasn't changed much since) is starting to get harder for me to handle . To me, no EPS is a deal killer so I would likely seek out an RS/TF with EPS.

And I don't care what anybody says, a 1" track is just lame nowadays, not just for takeoff traction but more importantly, braking.

X2...
I'm sure not going to wrestle with a non-EPS 2-up that "appears" NOT TO HAVE an adjustable backrest for the driver to use when there is no passenger (like my current Venture GT).

RX-1man said "Truly disappointed in the Apex offering. Certainly not convinced the singleshot will offer a better ride than my current mono with Ohlins. Don't need or want the lame front shock YRSS. If I could justify spending this kind of money on something I can't even use two months out of a year I'd spend an extra 1K and get the sidewinder 50th anniversary offering more power and better ride/handling."
Dave, Does that mean you will be on a new Sidewinder next year?. I did 65 miles on the hill today. Started at 8:30, and was done by 10:15. Trails were just groomed and pretty good. May be last ride of the season.

NO.
Just did a 868 mile bagger trip from Marathon to Near Malone two weeks ago while we still had snow. Now sled apart fixing broken header, doubt winter will return to ride again. At this rate my '08 should get me through for several more years. Will watch for any great leftover deals or someone dumping a one year old sled after next season to buy the latest and greatest offering Yamaha has.

The biggest letdown is the piss poor color choices really 1 model the sw ltx LE gets 2 options the rest the buyer has no choice this is BS in my opinion I don't care about anything else they did this year just let us pick the options and color!!!!

I'm burned out on trailering to the U.P every time I want to ride, that's for sure. Really miss the days of consistent snow in Central Wisconsin.

Tell me about it.... I bought a house in the country with a snowmobile trail 200 feet from my driveway. Horrible winters last couple years.....

Just got back from 5 days and 1300 miles of riding in Hornepayne Hearst Cochrane area. Snow was Awesome trails where Awesome, ran into a snowstorm in Hornepayne and had to put up with up to 10 inches of fresh powder on the trails! Still love my Apex! Glad its still around for 2018! I find the linked front shocks interesting! Maybe an 18 in my future.

Very happy to see the Sno-Scoot. Have to turn the young ones into future sledders!

Just got back from 5 days and 1300 miles of riding in Hornepayne Hearst Cochrane area. Snow was Awesome trails where Awesome, ran into a snowstorm in Hornepayne and had to put up with up to 10 inches of fresh powder on the trails! Still love my Apex! Glad its still around for 2018! I find the linked front shocks interesting! Maybe an 18 in my future.

Very happy to see the Sno-Scoot. Have to turn the young ones into future sledders!

Why not preorder a '18 50th Anniversary model? They look sharp and if you're an Apex fan that should last you for years.

You lucky bugger!! I bet you had a blast. Its going on 3 weeks and there is no place to ride thats less then 4 hrs from me :(

You lucky bugger!! I bet you had a blast. Its going on 3 weeks and there is no place to ride thats less then 4 hrs from me :(

13 hour drive for the Tobans, 9 for me but it was worth it! Saw lots of sidewinders and Vipers, some Apexs even some old RX's but a ton of Ski-Doos they where everywhere!

ok everyone if you think doo and polaris have such an edge,give examples how there so much better bringing out new technology?????? there #*$&@ is the same just like all others....new colors new shocks etc!!!ohhh yea thats right there motors suck #*$&@ also and still do!!!nothing touches yamaha technology period!!i will take a couple more pounds over breaking down and cutting our already limited weekends.

I guess the most advanced engine in the world is not good enough also!!!!!!!

Back