• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2018 Yamahas

I thought they were suppose to be released 2/26 at 5pm est...I don't seem them yet. Ahhhh the suspense!

After seeing Cats release I'd say a new 200cc kids sled is coming along with BNG on everything else. Still hoping for a surprise of some sort.

There is no surprise. A 200 cc snow scoot final year of apex and new decals. A new rear skid apparently too

There is no surprise. A 200 cc snow scoot final year of apex and new decals. A new rear skid apparently too

I still think a ProCross Phazer is possible along with an SR Venture.

So except for a special last year Apex 50th the whole line might be Cat built. We'll see tomorrow.

Whats the fuss all about....

New cats dont have 7000 into new plastics, so Viper will likely get overlooked too.

Wonder if Viper will get roller secondary?

Yeah, I saw that. No M7000 or XF7000. Looks like Cat is moving away from four strokes with the exception of the 9000 and trail sleds. Probably going to start focusing more on their C-tech two strokes as I'm sure that they have a significant amount of capital invested to the C-tech two stroke program.

Yeah, I saw that. No M7000 or XF7000. Looks like Cat is moving away from four strokes with the exception of the 9000 and trail sleds. Probably going to start focusing more on their C-tech two strokes as I'm sure that they have a significant amount of capital invested to the C-tech two stroke program.

Well Cat has focused the 7000 toward the trail ZRs, Pantera, and utility sleds starting last year so that's not a shocker.

No new plastics on the 7000 sort of makes me wonder if the Viper will be BNG. I guess we will see tomorrow.

It all comes down to what sells and even though we as Yamaha customers love our 4 Strokes they just don't sell like the 2 Strokes. People around here try and claim the Vipers have a bad rep because of this little issue or that little issue, but that's not what people say when they find out I have a Viper... they say... why did you buy that really heavy sled? Serious, but that's what people still think about 4 Strokes.

Snowest magazine seems to have been early with some info: https://www.snowest.com/2017/02/2018-yamaha-sidewinder-mtx-gets
18_SRS_MTX_SE_153_Chartreuse_4x6_300DPI.jpg_1600.jpg
18_SRS_MTX_LE_50th_162 - PNG.jpg_1600.jpg

caf605bf1d1c4b8695a5953fe4436ab6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back