• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2019 APEX ?????

I recognize all that but geese. And I guess more the loss of the engine I am mourning.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

How long did we expect the Apex to live?? It's been around for 12years in almost it's original form. Aside from the utility sleds that's the longest that any sled has lasted that I've seen from Yamaha. SX Viper was around for only 4 years. SRX lasted 5 years.
Times change, tech changes. Its time to move on. The Apex is an outdated solid awesome sled. One day the Apex forum will be an archive where us old farts will visit to keep the dream alive just like the guys in the RX forum.
Don't get me wrong. I love my Attak. I have found a setup that works well for me and makes it easy to run 300 miles in a day with a smile on my face. There will come a day when I will have to set the old girl out to pasture and that will be a sad day.
Hopefully it will only be a short lived sad day as what I replace it with will make me happy again
People must remember that this is a sport we participate in just for the fun of it. I don't know of any job that pays 80k a year to ride a Apex or Sidewinder.
The public has spoken and the manufacturers have listened. 95% of sled buyers don't want a to pay for a well built 4cyl 4stroke. If they did, I'm sure Ski Doo and Polaris what have them to keep their market share.

Well said steiner. It's been a good run with our beloved Apex sleds. It should be interesting to see how many riders actually pony up for the very best rendition in 2018. It's now or never. How many guys will ride off into the sunset on their 2018 50th Anniversary Apex's?

I've got two '06 based Apex sleds in the stable along with a '17 SideWinder. They are both awesome sleds in their respective class. It's been proven over time that the last year of a sled is always the best version.

Time marches on. Heck, I even bought a new pair of gloves this year to replace my old reliable pair of choppers.

It's a good time to be a Yamaha fan. V-room-v-room. :sled1:

17.03.10_Mar-UP-Snowmobiling_665_166.JPG

17.03.10_Mar-UP-Snowmobiling_635_149.JPG

Last edited:
How long did we expect the Apex to live?? It's been around for 12years in almost it's original form. Aside from the utility sleds that's the longest that any sled has lasted that I've seen from Yamaha. SX Viper was around for only 4 years. SRX lasted 5 years.
Times change, tech changes. Its time to move on. The Apex is an outdated solid awesome sled. One day the Apex forum will be an archive where us old farts will visit to keep the dream alive just like the guys in the RX forum.
Don't get me wrong. I love my Attak. I have found a setup that works well for me and makes it easy to run 300 miles in a day with a smile on my face. There will come a day when I will have to set the old girl out to pasture and that will be a sad day.
Hopefully it will only be a short lived sad day as what I replace it with will make me happy again
People must remember that this is a sport we participate in just for the fun of it. I don't know of any job that pays 80k a year to ride a Apex or Sidewinder.
The public has spoken and the manufacturers have listened. 95% of sled buyers don't want a to pay for a well built 4cyl 4stroke. If they did, I'm sure Ski Doo and Polaris what have them to keep their market share.
Say what ya will but its all about making money as a company.... cant blame them for that but the whole Cat/Yamaha venture is ALL about money. Yep, they gave what many wanted with the SW.... dropped the apex for likely many reasons we will never know or for the the guys that love them.... understand. Yep they built a sled that is faster and all new for the bragging rights but I feel is headed in the wrong direction for the sport as a whole. Take a look at the cost of one of these.... It is way out of hand and I know a apex is not really any cheaper at this time but the SW is making a lot more profit for them at this time and that is all that matters to them .. people are still buying them which is hard for me to believe looking at the prices out there. My point is the sport is on the verge of dying because of the overall cost of it, The sled being the biggest factor in the cost now. I know sledders are the most passionate people of any sport out there but the makers are pushing the limit for sure. I am at a point in my life financially where I can buy one with no problem but will not spend that kind of money on a sled or even many of the lesser models offered by any maker! I talk to a lot of younger families out there that have good paying professional jobs that came from families that snowmobiled for generations and its the sport is WAY down the list as being doable and worth it...some do not even consider it. I guess i am one of the lucky ones in regards to I had 42 years of riding and great times and ended my riding being on a Apex which I will never sell but put into retirement as one of the best sleds ever made an I have ever owned!

What an Apex thread with out Sasquatch this is unthinkable where is he? Is He alright. Just joking CHarley

But the weight thing is minimal in my opinion, if I could have my cake and eat it too it would be the Apex engine in the Viper chassis. OH ya.................

Hey hows it going, there will be a 2019 and 2020 Apex model! I'm riding it! I will continue to ride Yamaha into the future, just cause people are saying Yamaha is done doesn't phase me one bit. If 2018 is the last new Yamaha built then so be it! Maybe they gave up and can't build a sled anymore but the ones they built will last forever so I'm all smiles!

Lol agreed my 18 19 model was built in 2012

I am totally into a hover mode Apex. Still going to need skis in the front to satisfy the DEC and NYSDMV. So many freaking rules!![emoji12] [emoji61] [emoji110]

The 11 up is a new sled so 3 years for the RX, 5 for the Apex to 2010, and 8 for the last version 5 with tipped rail and three for the Air ride. Just sad to see the Apex go to be replaced by a Choke! Cat! Oh well maybe bright side is one can switch brands and ride a Cat and be less embarrassed.

My Attak is so so smooth throttle wise.. my wifes 2010 Vector LTX is totally different... no were near as smooth.. is it me? or her machine? I wanted to ride a newer Vector xtx to check it out and compare to my Attak.. but didn't make it.. can it be the Vector was put together wrong? I know she has full clipped track. extro vert's.. OEM it is ... would that make the difference over my every 3rd window clipped and no extroverts?

Back