• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2020 ltx-gt what to look for??

John Elie

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2003 RX1
hello all,

looking at a 2020 sidewinder ltx gt with 5600 miles, this is my first sidewinder so im wondering what I should be looking for when i inspect the machine? also what upgrades should i do right away? thinking of the barn of parts catalog stuff. any advice would be awesome,

thanks!

If it were me I'd scroll up a bit on this page and read some of the stickies listed as to update/upgrade or to watch for.
Fill your brain with knowledge, then go listen to the current owner talk.
See if it makes sense, and did he keep up with the little trouble shooting items.
Either way, it's not a big deal. But you'll start to realize if the sled needs $20 in work or $1,000.? Shouldn't take more then an hour or so, then you'll feel a sense of confidence. If not, ask away.
I sure hope that makes sense.
The reason I say these things is because everything is hard to identify.

Last edited:
Read "Master Sidewinder Issues list" at top of this forum. Along w FAQ and "Sidewinder Problems" post also at top of this forum. Then ask owner about some to find out if he knows about them. It'll give you a good idea of where that sled is at.

I just grabbed my 1st a couple months ago. Check out the stickies above and give Travis over at Barn of Parts a call...he's got everything needed to fix anything or pre-maintenance

Back