• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

22 top gear AC part #

upei93

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2015 Viper X-TX LE MPI turbo
2009 Nytro XTX
Can anybody give me the Arctic Cat part number for a 22 top gear Yamaha part number
8JP-E769A-20-00?

1702-074 . 22T Reverse 13 wide with brg. assy. Arctic 5000

S#@t...just paid double for a yamaha one on ebay...yamaha ones are expensive in Canada but AC one is like $35 canadian...any difference in quality? Thanks for the part #!!

I don't know about quality.

So looks like I've gotten out of buying the eBay yamaha one...just want to be sure the Arctic Cat one will fit...from what I read they should be replaced periodically anyway as they wear over time.

Found out about gears that Arctic uses two gear and chain manufacturers, B & W and Rexnord
You cannot mix the two. I think Yamaha uses B&W in their Viper so make sure you get B&W if
you get them from Arctic. Part #for a 22 t B&W is 1702-382. From what I can see the tooth shape
on the Rex is a little different and a B&W chain will not wrap on the gear properly. I questioned
my dealer and they were not aware their was any difference , but their is (when you have both in
your hands).

Found out about gears that Arctic uses two gear and chain manufacturers, B & W and Rexnord
You cannot mix the two. I think Yamaha uses B&W in their Viper so make sure you get B&W if
you get them from Arctic. Part #for a 22 t B&W is 1702-382. From what I can see the tooth shape
on the Rex is a little different and a B&W chain will not wrap on the gear properly. I questioned
my dealer and they were not aware their was any difference , but their is (when you have both in
your hands).

Thank You!! I ended up finding a Yamaha one for a pretty good deal.

your hands).
Correct
The Rexnord chain and gears are used on the 2 stroke sleds.
The 7000 and King Cat 9000 use Borg Warner (HYVO) chain and gears and are the same as the Viper.

BTW, for anyone else looking for a 22 top gear, I have one F/S in the swap meet.

Last edited:
Correct
The Rexnord chain and gears are used on the 2 stroke sleds.
The 7000 and King Cat 9000 use Borg Warner (HYVO) chain and gears and are the same as the Viper.

BTW, for anyone else looking for a 22 top gear, I have one F/S in the swap meet.
What would the benefits of switching to a 22 tooth HYVO top gear be? I've never messed with gearing before...

What would the benefits of switching to a 22 tooth HYVO top gear be? I've never messed with gearing before...

I have a 2015 XTX LE with a MPI turbo and a 1.75 track...because the LE's came with 7 tooth drivers and 21 top gear I only see low to mid 90's (97 GPS one or 2 times on perfect days). Ulmer suggested going to 8 tooth and a 22 top gear...from what I read/hear I'll lose very little if any down low and gain on top...which is what I'm looking for.

Top end speed is mostly dictated by snow conditions, horse power and track size. That said, in some cases you may be able to gain a little more top end by gearing up slightly if you have 49/21 gears now.
How many miles are on the 22t HYVO gear you have listed in the classifieds? Or is it NOS?

Back