• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

270 mcexpress turbo upgrade wastegate adjustment

yamamarc

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2019 zr9000 Ltd
Hey guys I am trying to help out a friend who upgraded is mcexpress 240 kit to the 270.
I am not familiar with the mcexpress kit but does 1turn of wastegate rod=1lbs?.

He is set at 8lbs(as it sits) need to increase to 15

Thanks in advance for any info.

Honestly, 15 is too much for todays gas, leave it at 12-13 and you will run safer and never have to worry about detonation.

1-1/2 turns on the wastegate rod is approximately 1 psi of boost gain. The other thing you could do is put a manual boost controller on it and that would allow you to turn it down if you got into an area with shitty gas.

Honestly, 15 is too much for todays gas, leave it at 12-13 and you will run safer and never have to worry about detonation.

1-1/2 turns on the wastegate rod is approximately 1 psi of boost gain. The other thing you could do is put a manual boost controller on it and that would allow you to turn it down if you got into an area with shitty gas.
Thank you

The kit is designed to run at max 15psi with 91 octane gas. What's the problem with todays gas? Is it better in Europe?
Mine has run flawlessly for 6000km/3700miles. Also be sure to check pressure with an analog gauge. My digital Koso X-2 is inaccurate.

The kit is designed to run at max 15psi with 91 octane gas. What's the problem with todays gas? Is it better in Europe?
Mine has run flawlessly for 6000km/3700miles. Also be sure to check pressure with an analog gauge. My digital Koso X-2 is inaccurate.

Europe is usually 98 RON octane rating which is 93 octane in the USA/Canada, this is not always available though. Many times we can only get 95 RON octane rating which is 91 octane in the USA/Canada. The MC Xpress kits are usually over achieving for horsepower ratings, at 14-15 lbs of boost a MCXpress 270 kit on a FX Nytro will make closer to 285-290 horsepower. At 12-13 lbs of boost it will still be in that 260-270 hp rating area.

Europe is usually 98 RON octane rating which is 93 octane in the USA/Canada, this is not always available though. Many times we can only get 95 RON octane rating which is 91 octane in the USA/Canada. The MC Xpress kits are usually over achieving for horsepower ratings, at 14-15 lbs of boost a MCXpress 270 kit on a FX Nytro will make closer to 285-290 horsepower. At 12-13 lbs of boost it will still be in that 260-270 hp rating area.
Correct, I meant 93MON octane. True, gas can be hard to come by, I drive 2 hours to pick up a few jerry-cans of 98 - but absolutely worth it :)

Back