• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

3 gallons or less in your tank!!

On top of pump there is 2 male spade connectors, most shops just put crimp on individual female connectors.... which one of mine poped off.... dont know why i did not go BOOOM as it would have arced, but thankfully it didnt.... got the proper fitting pig tail that locks into pump... soldered and heat shrunk the connection to factory harness on under side of gas tank banana lid. much safer and way it should be done.

Attachments

• fuel pump kit.jpg
    fuel pump kit.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 28

On top of pump there is 2 male spade connectors, most shops just put crimp on individual female connectors.... which one of mine poped off.... dont know why i did not go BOOOM as it would have arced, but thankfully it didnt.... got the proper fitting pig tail that locks into pump... soldered and heat shrunk the connection to factory harness on under side of gas tank banana lid. much safer and way it should be done.
Imagine my surprise when I pulled the pump out and found those two cheesy female connectors that they installed, Quite shocking really.
I'm not mad, but how much more could they have charged us to put the correct connector on there. $1.?!?! Lol.
I wish they would have offered it to me. Lol.

A good tight connection on the terminal is what is needed.
The plug in can still have a loose connection and cause arcing.
Some of the run issues on these sleds are caused by loose connections and are not found until the plug melts.
Having a good tight spade terminal is just fine.

if all that is available at the time is the spade connectors , i would squeeze them tight and then once installed, maybezip tie them dwn or fill cavity with sealall.... ment for being saturated in fuel full time.

A good tight connection on the terminal is what is needed.
The plug in can still have a loose connection and cause arcing.
Some of the run issues on these sleds are caused by loose connections and are not found until the plug melts.
Having a good tight spade terminal is just fine.
If it was good enough for the engineers and the loss prevention team at Cat, it's good enough for me. Hahaha.

These flex fuel lines are pretty cool. End needs to be lightly & evenly heated with a torch, until you see a wetness in the plastic, a very small puff of smoke and then she'll go. This allows it to get around the barbs, then finally as it's cooling it forms the shape of the barb. Not going anywhere.

IMG_20231206_172722304_copy_1536x2048.jpg

I just reused the original flex hose that was on the stock setup. I added a hose clamp at each end for extra measure
Yeah, I would have, had the torch not gotten so close to the plastic and blast a leaker in it. Lol. Sucks to be me.

Back