• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

35/39 Dalton Helix

Guys, I knew the 35/39 would work for everyone, stock and aftermarket stages ;)!

After trying it, I couldn't believe it myself and with all the comments and pm's, I was like "wish they would listen".

Proof is in the pudding :)

Nos-Pro, is this 35/39 a true progressive helix? Or is it hypershift, step, compound??

Thanks

Nos-Pro, is this 35/39 a true progressive helix? Or is it hypershift, step, compound??

Thanks

This should be a progressive helix

This should be a progressive helix
NOS or Shagman, I was going to PM you but thought your input would be better in public where it might help others. If you see my 2 posts a couple back . . . I'm dropping RPM with both 3-3 and 6-1 and interested in your thoughts on how I can correct it. It held 8900 perfectly with the Daltons set up for Ben's EcoTrail tune. I chalked it up to crappy conditions, but am not sure. It managed a best of 119 on GPS wrapped at 3-3 only revving to 8400. Wrapped to 6-1 I could get it to 8650 but after 1000' it started dropping. Thanks!

will the Dalton helix need shimmed or is the spring pocket deeper?

NOS or Shagman, I was going to PM you but thought your input would be better in public where it might help others. If you see my 2 posts a couple back . . . I'm dropping RPM with both 3-3 and 6-1 and interested in your thoughts on how I can correct it. It held 8900 perfectly with the Daltons set up for Ben's EcoTrail tune. I chalked it up to crappy conditions, but am not sure. It managed a best of 119 on GPS wrapped at 3-3 only revving to 8400. Wrapped to 6-1 I could get it to 8650 but after 1000' it started dropping. Thanks!

List all your mod so I can answer you. What weights and how their setup etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

List all your mod so I can answer you. What weights and how their setup etc.

RTX
TD EcoTrail (250 hp @ 12.7 psi)
SuperQuiet Muffler
Dalton QAY-70 set to 73.9 (set up by TD)
Dalton 35/39 shimmed
Stock primary and secondary spring
TPI belt adjuster
8JP
Big wheel kit
Camso 1.22" IceRipper track (Ripsaw variant)
Stock gears (for now - going to 22 top)

Prior to the 35/39 helix it revved and held right at 8900 on a long pull.

RTX
SuperQuiet Muffler
Dalton 35/39 shimmed
TPI belt adjuster
8JP
Big wheel kit

Just checked Dale's instructions, that weight with the 1" screw should be 74.3g. The 73.9g is on my scale.

RTX
SuperQuiet Muffler
Dalton 35/39 shimmed
TPI belt adjuster
8JP
Big wheel kit

The problem with the QAY weights is that there is only 1 screw hole down the weight and the screw in the weight needs to be bottomed out....no matter what length screw you put in there. You need to find a lightweight "filler" or something that will take the space up deep in the hole and then you can put a shorter steel screw in to hold that "filler" in the weight.

Here are a couple things you can do. Did you get any aluminum screws with the kit or are they all steel? I would find a 3/4"aluminum screw like the steel one you have in the kit. Put the aluminum screw in first and then a shorter steel screw in to hold that. This takes the weight off of the tip to let you raise your top rpm's. You might even be able to use just the 3/4" aluminum.

The problem with the QAY weights is that there is only 1 screw hole down the weight and the screw in the weight needs to be bottomed out....no matter what length screw you put in there. You need to find a lightweight "filler" or something that will take the space up deep in the hole and then you can put a shorter steel screw in to hold that "filler" in the weight.

Here are a couple things you can do. Did you get any aluminum screws with the kit or are they all steel? I would find a 3/4"aluminum screw like the steel one you have in the kit. Put the aluminum screw in first and then a shorter steel screw in to hold that. This takes the weight off of the tip to let you raise your top rpm's. You might even be able to use just the 3/4" aluminum.

Terry, thanks for the insight.

There are only steel screws with the wights, so I'll see what I can find in aluminum. In addition to moving weight off the tip, should I try less total weight? If yes, how much less total weight?

Terry, thanks for the insight.

There are only steel screws with the wights, so I'll see what I can find in aluminum. In addition to moving weight off the tip, should I try less total weight? If yes, how much less total weight?

Rule of thumb is .7 gram off each weight is 100 rpm's. So I would try 2 grams off of the weights, hopefully off the tip if you can. Start there

Just curious. Did you get fuel at that little station right off of Little Saint right by where we were staying? By the point I think its the Northwoods across the street.

Back