• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

35/39 Dalton Helix

Just curious. Did you get fuel at that little station right off of Little Saint right by where we were staying? By the point I think its the Northwoods across the street.
Hey Shagnos, I don't think we did, we got it at the Shell outside of town, not the one right by the lake. Why, you get a bad batch?

Hey Shagnos, I don't think we did, we got it at the Shell outside of town, not the one right by the lake. Why, you get a bad batch?
After filling up there it seemed a bit down on power not pulling the rpm it did the day before. Thought you had also might explain the rpm drop. Probably just conditions.

After filling up there it seemed a bit down on power not pulling the rpm it did the day before. Thought you had also might explain the rpm drop. Probably just conditions.
I haven't decided on the 35/39 yet since the conditions weren't good at all for real testing. I need some snow here and I can spend a day on a lake here tweaking the Dalton weights. I emailed Dalton and his response made me think "if your rpms were spot on with the stock 35 helix why did you change?" :dunno:

The good news is that he also said that with a little blue loctite I can move the screws up toward the shoulder and see what happens. I'll take Terry's advice and try less weight and away from the tip.

I haven't decided on the 35/39 yet since the conditions weren't good at all for real testing. I need some snow here and I can spend a day on a lake here tweaking the Dalton weights. I emailed Dalton and his response made me think "if your rpms were spot on with the stock 35 helix why did you change?" :dunno:

The good news is that he also said that with a little blue loctite I can move the screws up toward the shoulder and see what happens. I'll take Terry's advice and try less weight and away from the tip.
I have run slugs in the heel only, loctite them and they stay put.

This helix with my thunder products clutch kit works awesome!!!
Hard packed trail from a roll maybe 1200' gauge showed 111mph and still pulling
What RPM were you pulling?

are you stock or flashed? i have lots of parts to install today and the helix is one of them. what rpm?

No flash
8750-8800 rpm
Stock spring wrapped 6-1
And still one or more flat spotted roller...lol

Last edited:
No flash
8750-8800 rpm
Stock spring wrapped 6-1
thanks, i am going out soon, i will inspect the ulmers today under magnification when i have it apart. gonna wrap 6-1 too and shim. and install 6.9's and track adjust, and check all vacuum hose routing. saving 22t til after i get test riding in.

No flash
8750-8800 rpm
Stock spring wrapped 6-1
Are you keeping those rpms on extended wot pulls? Or do they settle back down some?

installed and shimmed dalton helix at 6&1. very nice product. secondary sheaves were spotless, primary pic posted. have thunder primary kit and have adjuster too on it and after shimming belt sat a little below top of sheave and was engaging on stand about 2800. ulmer rollers were perfect with 300 something miles on them. curious if i am getting high enough in primary, about 1/4" from the top. still original belt, have a couple new belts but if we do get snow i don't want to have to break one in to test.

Attachments

• 100_7654.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 179
  • 100_7655.JPG
    765.1 KB · Views: 173
I ran it at 6-1 and it felt to me like it always wanted to downshift. Set it back to 3-3 and I'm happier with it at 60 degrees. top end was 178kmh which is 1 better than what I ran with the stock 35. I'm holding rpms at 89-9000 throughout, running stm weights and softer spring up front. Shimmed my helix as well, it cleaned up my primary sheaves, very little if any slippage. Still running original belt and I'm over 2000k.
hi can you tell what is your supertips setup? i have order a 35/39 and i have some stm 50g base just want to know where i put my washers ? thks

hi can you tell what is your supertips setup? i have order a 35/39 and i have some stm 50g base just want to know where i put my washers ? thks
I have the 60 gram base weights(62 grams actual)

Stock I had 2 washers in the heel, a tungsten and 2 washers in the tip. Your starting out lighter, I'm not sure how the profile compares to the 60s.

I would try 4 washers in the heel, 2 washers in the mid and 6 washers in the tip.

Back