• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

4 wheel kit

Carla 123

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2015 viper xtx boosted
17 zr9000 precision stage 3
recently purchased a new 2016 viper,figured off season would add a few accessories,so installed factory yamaha 4 wheel kit and just can't seem to get the wheels equal on both sides,I adjust the right side and the left wheel moves over too much and vica versa ,is there a trick to this or are the adjustments that little,seem to almost have it then it goes out again,after I make my adjustments I run the track a few revolutions to see where I am,I'm assuming these wheels have to be the same for track adjustment,any help would be greatly appreciated,thanks

When track is centered and correct tension it's right. Are you saying you can't get track centered?

I can't seem to get the track centered,put 4 wheel kit on and can't get the centering right on the outside wheels,adjust one side it moves over too much adjust the other side and moves over too much,trying to get it even on both sides is very frustrating the say the least lol,slider is too close to the track clips on the right side so I loosen it a bit and tighten the left side and it's all out of wack,going to take a break before I loose it,thanks for the reply cannondale

Just had my friend over that was a polaris tech for 30 years and he left shaking his head .maybe I will have to break it in first then try

When I put my 4th wheel kit on I ran into a similar issue, I could get it close but not perfect. I just said screw it and rode it....I checked it as I put it away in the trailer for the year and now it seems to be perfect....

I hear ya just about get it good and 1 little 1/8 turn and it shoots over to either side.what I ended up doing was making sure sliders on both sides where centered evenly between track lugs.sled only has 6 miles on it so I will wait till it wears in a bit.

Yes with my original track and drivers I never got it perfect and just resorted to adjusting both adjusters equally and calling it good. Never had a issue 8000mi. Now with new track and introverts it is very easy to align. Is touchy though. 1/4 turn is all that's needed to get it one way or other. Not sure whether it was the drivers or track that changed with mine but even though it was frustrating with original it never hurt anything.

Well got a couple hundred miles on the viper and checked track tension and alignment. Track was a little loose so I tightened it up and still cannot get equal track alignment on both sides.adjust one side just a little it moves over too much on the other side.this is extremely frustrating .never had this with any other of the sleds I've owned over the years.also how do I get to the spark plugs .looks like another nightmare lol

Well got a couple hundred miles on the viper and checked track tension and alignment. Track was a little loose so I tightened it up and still cannot get equal track alignment on both sides.adjust one side just a little it moves over too much on the other side.this is extremely frustrating .never had this with any other of the sleds I've owned over the years.also how do I get to the spark plugs .looks like another nightmare lol
Track tension try very small turns on the adjuster like 1/6" turn at a time. For the spark plugs find a magnetic spark plug socket they work like a charm.

Same issue here. New ltx. Tried to align track perfect so I could adjust ski toe. Never could get it right. Live in Texas and had sled over the summer. Tried probably 10 times and no go. Ended up hauling to our place in the UP as is. Fingers crossed ski toe and track are ok. Only get one week a year to sled. 30 years of sledding and this is a first for me.

I installed the Yamaha 4 wheel kit when I bought the sled new (2016 137 LTX-LE), before I rode it. It is a little tricky getting the track to line up perfectly, but when spinning the track at 25-30 mph, the track does "waver" a little from side to side, maybe 1/8" to 1/4"? I tend to run my track just a little loose, strictly out of habit for having extrovert drivers on my Nytro and now on the Viper. You're not making the rookie mistake of NOT tightening the axle when checking alignment, between adjustments?

Back