• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

4th wheel kit

Its not just the bearings that are shitty on the stock trihub. Its the flimsyness of the actual plastic part. Take it out and play with it and you will see what I mean. Do what you want, its your sled. I felt it was worth it and so I invested in peace of mind.

I have been running the outer stock wheels from yamaha with the original tri hubs on both our sleds with no issues (5800km) this summer the skids are coming out for a close inspection. If the bearings are still tight it's going back in for another season

Reactions: RTX
My friend had the 4th wheel kit on his viper. Bearings were new this season. Trihub went and had to cab it from North Bay to Gravenhurst.
The additional wheels barely helped him limp to the hotel.
The whole tri hub idea is flawed.
MS

My friend had the 4th wheel kit on his viper. Bearings were new this season. Trihub went and had to cab it from North Bay to Gravenhurst.
The additional wheels barely helped him limp to the hotel.
The whole tri hub idea is flawed.
MS

Bingo! This is my point exactly. It is just flimsy to start with.

i do like the look of no outside wheel, so will the JT replacement kit with no outside wheel hold up better than the tri hub? or the OSP 3 wheel kit?? i was just under the impression the tri hub design was junk ie: no outer wheel. I love the idea of keeping no outer wheel but don't want to take the chance of getting stranded either.

I know 3 people with the pro cross chasis and all 3 have had tri hub failures

Those are bad odds

My buddies $350 dollar cab ride can easily justify the JT kit with full axle and 4 wheels
Not to mention a ruined ride, and a lot of time in the truck to fetch the downed sled etc

I have been a spectator for these and am toll you shell shocked by it

Ms

i do like the look of no outside wheel, so will the JT replacement kit with no outside wheel hold up better than the tri hub? or the OSP 3 wheel kit?? i was just under the impression the tri hub design was junk ie: no outer wheel. I love the idea of keeping no outer wheel but don't want to take the chance of getting stranded either.
Of course it holds up better, they are at least 2 times the size of the bearings...and they arent cheap plastic wheels and they arent bolted together. The shaft is also bigger and stronger and is much better. There is a reason the sidewinder/thundercat dont have tri hubs...or any of the cat rr models

I know 3 people with the pro cross chasis and all 3 have had tri hub failures

Those are bad odds

My buddies $350 dollar cab ride can easily justify the JT kit with full axle and 4 wheels
Not to mention a ruined ride, and a lot of time in the truck to fetch the downed sled etc

I have been a spectator for these and am toll you shell shocked by it

Ms
Yah my j&t replacement was only 140 for 2 wheels and shaft....i dont think its a big deal to buy and install, all sleds have issues and this one is decently cheap and simple to fix.....yah i trailer 99% of my rides and i would be PISSED if my tri hub dropped out after spending 4 hrs in the car to ride...really pissed so much so i made both my cat riding partners buy them because i dont want them to ruin a trip as well..luck the one had his fail right before we got it changed but managed to not do any damage.. or if i nuked my new track too because of it

savageman i don't see just the 2 wheel set up on jt's website? or the 3 wheel osp setup on osp's site.... did you have to call to get the 2 wheel set up?

savageman i don't see just the 2 wheel set up on jt's website? or the 3 wheel osp setup on osp's site.... did you have to call to get the 2 wheel set up?
http://www.jtatv.com/4th_Wheel_Kit_p/trihub-repl.htm

this is my buddies at like 2000kms, you can tell rails look new still....not a risk id take

Q7hOVUMh.jpg

Well i got lucky rode about 200 miles on tug hill, got the sled back home cleaned up and notice the bearings are gone on the wheels... easy to say i will be replacing this summer!!

There is a reason the sidewinder/thundercat dont have tri hubs...or any of the cat rr models
Forgive my ignorance, but isn't the sidewinder the same set up as the Viper in the rear?
Also, will any of the aftermarket shafts work with Yamaha outside wheels?

Forgive my ignorance, but isn't the sidewinder the same set up as the Viper in the rear?
Also, will any of the aftermarket shafts work with Yamaha outside wheels?
Sidewinder and Thundercat still have TriHub. Even RR has it now. Have to get the XC Cat to get rid of the TriHub. They are a stubborn bunch at Cat sometimes. Or just want to make some $ when they fail. Not sure what warranty says about it?

Back