• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

4th wheel kit

I think adding outside wheels when using the tri-hub prolong the life. We added the outside wheels to our tri-hub (versions before the replaceable bearings) on 2 of our sleds and ran them for 2 seasons each. Both had about 2500 miles when I pulled them apart. Bearings were starting to make a little noise on one and the other was more noisy.
I'd do it again and have no problem running a season or so with a stock tri-hub plus outside wheels, before going to a true 4 wheel kit.
The J&T kits are great....I've used at least 3 of his kits on other sleds in the past. However, this time I just made my own since I had about everything laying around. If you already have the outside wheel kit, you only need 2 spacers and 2 wheels to make it a tri-hub delete 4 wheel setup. You can use the stock axle once you get it out of the tri-hub. I had a bunch of stock wheels in the garage already, put new bearings in the used outside wheels since it was apart, and I just picked up a couple of spacers for the inside wheel spacing. Super low $$

Sidewinder and Thundercat still have TriHub. Even RR has it now. Have to get the XC Cat to get rid of the TriHub. They are a stubborn bunch at Cat sometimes. Or just want to make some $ when they fail. Not sure what warranty says about it?
Are you sure? the thundercat i looked at during the snowmobile show this year im 90% sure had axle and wheels no tri hub....part break downs arent working currently for me to double check but i swear i didnt see a tri hub

Reactions: RTX
Savageman, how is your 2 wheel axle from JT?

Are the bearings holding up.?

I like the look of the two inner wheels but the reliabilty of the 4 is hard to argue
Ms

Savageman, how is your 2 wheel axle from JT?

Are the bearings holding up.?

I like the look of the two inner wheels but the reliabilty of the 4 is hard to argue
Ms
all the old firecats ran 2 wheels and axle for along time no big issues like this....my j&t has 5000kms on it and bearings are still like new im very happy

My buddy just picked up a new 2016 6000rr and it has two wheels no tri hub. Cool sled but can't handle the screaming 2 stroke

My buddy just picked up a new 2016 6000rr and it has two wheels no tri hub. Cool sled but can't handle the screaming 2 stroke
Yes that one has the RR skid in it. All cat or Yamaha 4st have tri hub now. My 800 rr has two wheels also. They are holding up great. Big bearings in them. Same as the Larson wheels. I would say the JT Kit with just two wheels would be just fine as long as it's the good wheels and bearings and maintained well.

Larson Racing makes a kit also that is what most RaceTeams use.

Zero issues after 2000 miles.

I have the JT wheels inside and yamaha bolt ons outside! About 3000miles now with no issues. It's coming apart this summer for a check up .

I have the JT wheels inside and yamaha bolt ons outside! About 3000miles now with no issues. It's coming apart this summer for a check up .
all you guys just talked me into ordering the JT tri hub replacement kit even though i havent had a tri hub issue yet. Just makes sense for peice of mind knowing the history of the trihub. thanks guys

Back