• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

500 miles and Warranty

Lineman735

VIP Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2016 Viper XTX LE
2010 Nytro XTX
Anyone know if you go 20 or 30 miles over your 500 mile mark, before getting the first oil change, will it affect the warranty? We are getting one last ride in today and I might be close to going over the intial 500 mile mark. Don't want to jeopardize my warranty for the sake of 20 or 30 miles. Just wondering if this happened to anyone before. Thanks

They usually factor in room for error. Our car had a grace period of 500km on an 8500km oil change interval and there's an oil change place on every corner. That shouldn't be any issue at all.

is it required by the warrantee that you have to have the dealer do that service ?

In the manual it says 500 miles, I'm at 489 now and I'd like to get another run in this weekend, which may put me around 100-150 miles over the 500. I asked the dealer about this and they both said that wouldn't make a difference. I then asked if I could buy the oil change kit and do it myself, they said it may affect the warranty since Yamaha may be looking for previous service records...maybe. Not gonna chance it, I'll have them do it next week.

Back