• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

800 Rush vs Turbo Viper

CustomApexMan

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 XTX Viper MCX 270 HP
A guy on the trail seen my intake through the hood and insisted on racing. We lined up and as soon as I touched the throttle it just left him roughly in a 1000 ft run i was 300 ft ahead. I thought he would have done better out of the hole.

was it a '15 axys or something older? I have some video of the one we ride with, it's everything I can do to stay in front of it, and about the only thing that will run with it the first 100' would have to be a lay down drag sled.

Can't help but think Mr polaris is laying on a couch for a therapy session! :)

My buddy has a 15 axys we raced ALOT.

bottom line is the following

He comes out harder, but as soon as I gain traction I walk right by him. He has probably 1-2mph on me because if we keep holding it he starts creeping up on me. He's super pissed that my "mountain sled" gets him. He was so happy today when we lined up on Ice under thin layer of snow and he blew my doors off, he talked about it all day.

Why would anyone race a turbo sled?

It would just be asking to have your butt kicked and HARD.

Must be drinking to much Polaris marketing cool aide to try that.

He was very impressed when I got back to his group i noticed his other polaris buddy was recording it with his phone lol.

I bet that was a good laugh.

He probably was already to brag how he beat or at least hung with one of those heavy 4 strokes with his 2 stroke Polaris - now he has been humiliated and on video.

Now that is funny

Guys I raced and rode a 800 Axys a lot last few days and up to 95 or so we are about even with win going to whoever got best start. No idea if in longer run if it would pull away. But mine is modded na viper. I want to hear about the T cat kills you turbo guys get. Go hunting!

I would hope that a turbo Yammi would eat an 800 poo. Heck my buddies 06 Apex 121" was destroying a brand new 800 AXYS out of the hole and on top. All he has is air box mod, clutching, gearing and headers.

I hope nobody is bragging about beating up on a stock sled with boost. The 15 Polaris AXYS 800 is not going to lose to a Viper, Nytro,or even an Apex(stock of course). It is flat out a fast sled. Check out the latest shootout results. For performance and suspension this sled rocks. reliability is still to be determined but nobody expects it to be as reliable as a 4 stroke.

I hope nobody is bragging about beating up on a stock sled with boost. The 15 Polaris AXYS 800 is not going to lose to a Viper, Nytro,or even an Apex(stock of course). It is flat out a fast sled. Check out the latest shootout results. For performance and suspension this sled rocks. reliability is still to be determined but nobody expects it to be as reliable as a 4 stroke.
My buddy has a 15 axys switchback...he beats me out of the hole by two sled lengths...by 70 mph I'm reeling him in and going by...everytime...all the time...loose snow...hard pack...doesn't matter...it's a nice machine...but he told me he wished it had eps....lol. The apex xtx is a fast machine...always has been...it's totally under rated and can embarrass big mouths on 800s....lol...love mine!!

You are so considerate Brett!

Back