• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

94' Ovation Carb Issue

yamagone

Pro
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
18' Sidewinder
I can't get it to run consistently on both cylinders. Here's the blow by blow:
1. starts right up when cold and idles on one cylinder. (checked both sides for spark and lots)
2. both air adj. screws are set at 1.5 turns out from bottom. I've also tried 1.25 and same result.
3. when running on one cylinder and feathering the throttle at higher rpm's the other cyl. will fire and run fine as I make air screw adjustments but will eventually start to bog at lower rpm's and I can't get it to stay in that 'sweet' spot where both cylinders stay firing. I've done the following:
1. replaced the choke plunger because while cleaning the carb I noticed the fixed 'O' ring from the plunger was sitting in the bottom of the chamber which did fix another issue it had which was flooding itself.
2. carb cleaned.
3. new coil.
Could I have a plug wire or plug cap issue? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Coop.

Is the spark nice and blue/white or week yellow? Also did you change the pilots?? Will it run on both if you flip the choke?

Try cleaning it again. Sounds like the pilot jet for that carb is still partly plugged. Let me guess it has the 2 barrel single carb on it?

Try cleaning it again. Sounds like the pilot jet for that carb is still partly plugged. Let me guess it has the 2 barrel single carb on it?
10-4 on the two-barrel. I took it apart again and did see something in one of the pilots that I may have overlooked the first time. I'll know for sure in the morning when I put the carb back on. Thanks.

Is the spark nice and blue/white or week yellow? Also did you change the pilots?? Will it run on both if you flip the choke?
Nice bright blue spark. Cleaned and just re-cleaned the carb (may have overlooked one of the pilots first time around) and it doesn't run on both cylinders even when choked. I'm hoping my oversight was the issue.

Thanks, Coop.

Back