• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Advice needed ! 08 fx nytro 121" have parts on order for 144" kit

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2008 Yamaha Fx Nytro 121", mpi supercharger,star suspension setback kit,oft steering relocate,all new front and rear metal bushings.

currently waiting on parts for a 144" long track kit - campoplast challenger 144x15x2", tracks USA tunnel extension,muffin works 11.5" tipped rail extension,mtx hyfax
Hello everyone, I'm new here; looking forward to sharing information with others knowledgeable on the subject of Yamaha snowmobiles. I am -currently waiting on a
-144"X15X"2" camoplast challenger
-tracks USA tunnel extension
-muffin works ltd 11.5" tipped rail extensions.

For extras on my sled I already have
-stage 1 mpi supercharger
-oft relocate
-no slip drivers
-star suspension setback kit (121"-128"?)
-09 nytro spindles

The question I need an answer for is, will the tipped extension work well with my 144" track even with the setback kit? I would assume the figment would be fine, but I've heard that tipped extensions can throw it off, all advice appreciated!

My one brother and I did almost the same thing 2 years ago and we just got done doing it to my other brothers Nytro as well. All are 2008 Nytros.
What we did was Purchased a Skid relocation kit, rail extensions, tunnel extension, extrovert drivers, (Hartman Inc) 2" tracks and a bunch of other stuff too but the main thing that we did was upgrade our Subframes.
I can't emphasize enough how important this is especially if you plan on taking your Nytro out boondocking. Hell, my brother bent his subframe and arms going over a railroad track! (ouch)
Also, what we did was go with a 136" rail extension with a skid relocation to push the skid back to fit a 144 x 2" challenger track.
Since we went with the 2" track, we also went with 8" extrovert drivers. (Wahl Brothers) to clear the larger paddles.
I could go on for day about what we all did to our Nytros so if you have any questions, don't' be afraid to ask.

My one brother and I did almost the same thing 2 years ago and we just got done doing it to my other brothers Nytro as well. All are 2008 Nytros.
What we did was Purchased a Skid relocation kit, rail extensions, tunnel extension, extrovert drivers, (Hartman Inc) 2" tracks and a bunch of other stuff too but the main thing that we did was upgrade our Subframes.
I can't emphasize enough how important this is especially if you plan on taking your Nytro out boondocking. Hell, my brother bent his subframe and arms going over a railroad track! (ouch)
Also, what we did was go with a 136" rail extension with a skid relocation to push the skid back to fit a 144 x 2" challenger track.
Since we went with the 2" track, we also went with 8" extrovert drivers. (Wahl Brothers) to clear the larger paddles.
I could go on for day about what we all did to our Nytros so if you have any questions, don't' be afraid to ask.
Perfect thank you man! I certainly could use all the advice I can get on this. I'm just hoping all this stuff will fit togather

First off, like i said before, i would strengthen the subframe. So either you take your stock one out and either weld in new plates/gussets in the correct spots or you buy a new one. We like to tear things apart so we welded plates in to my subframe but my brothers subframe was way too messed up to straighten out so he ended up buying a different one (2012 i think) at HayDays and had it powdercoated. This website is an awesome resource for information so you can pretty much find anything about your sled.
IMG_1161.JPG
UJLK9758.JPG

I would Start Here:
http://ty4stroke.com/threads/fx-nytro-faq.58910/

Big question. Did you just order 144 tip up extensions and go with 144 track then get relocation separate or did you inform them that you were relocating the skid (4" back) when you ordered the rail extensions. As they would be totally diff set of rails

We talked to Tom @ hartman Inc, Great guy, you could talk to him for hours about Nytros/Set-up.
NO, we did not order the 11" tip up extensions, We went with the shorter, straight extensions (technically for the 136 setup i believe) and the relocation kit.
See Here:
http://www.hartmaninc.com/catalog/n...ustom-long-track-kit-144-skid-relocation.html

I have to warn you....Once you start tearing apart your sled....your going to say.

"Well, i might as well do this (insert something not needed) while it's torn apart this far" then the nest thing you know your garage looks like the pic on the right.

Skid.jpg
Torn.jpg

My brother is right but the 11 inch extensions will not work along with the relocation kit for a 144 inch track you'll need to get the 7 inch extension and I have a set I just don't have the hyfax extensions to go with them

Big question. Did you just order 144 tip up extensions and go with 144 track then get relocation separate or did you inform them that you were relocating the skid (4" back) when you ordered the rail extensions. As they would be totally diff set of rails
Thank you for the replies guys, the sled as it sits already has the setback kit for star suspensions, I just recieved the tipped up 11.5" (121"-144")rail extensions and I'm waiting on the 144"X15" track

My brother is right but the 11 inch extensions will not work along with the relocation kit for a 144 inch track you'll need to get the 7 inch extension and I have a set I just don't have the hyfax extensions to go with them
Ohh I see, I've been wondering how the relocate kit affected the geometry, I figure it wouldn't be worth taking the relocate kit out and slamming the 144" setup under it.

I think you need longer track because your going from 128-144 not 121-144. Hope right rails are on way but that's only issue I saw that may arise

First off, like i said before, i would strengthen the subframe. So either you take your stock one out and either weld in new plates/gussets in the correct spots or you buy a new one. We like to tear things apart so we welded plates in to my subframe but my brothers subframe was way too messed up to straighten out so he ended up buying a different one (2012 i think) at HayDays and had it powdercoated. This website is an awesome resource for information so you can pretty much find anything about your sled.
View attachment 123826 View attachment 123827

I would Start Here:
http://ty4stroke.com/threads/fx-nytro-faq.58910/
Awesome write up! I certainly will be calling up my welding buddy and grizz who I hear great things about.

I think you need longer track because your going from 128-144 not 121-144. Hope right rails are on way but that's only issue I saw that may arise
Unfortunately I'm not sure I can return any parts other than the rail extensions, the track,tunnel extension and mtx sliders I bought on eBay private sale.

That's fine tunnel extension will be correct, if you want 144 you just need to contact extension company and ask they will have Dept with it to know the right ones. Like has been said I think they use the 136" extension with the relocate kits to get 144

We talked to Tom @ hartman Inc, Great guy, you could talk to him for hours about Nytros/Set-up.
NO, we did not order the 11" tip up extensions, We went with the shorter, straight extensions (technically for the 136 setup i believe) and the relocation kit.
See Here:
http://www.hartmaninc.com/catalog/n...ustom-long-track-kit-144-skid-relocation.html

I have to warn you....Once you start tearing apart your sled....your going to say.

"Well, i might as well do this (insert something not needed) while it's torn apart this far" then the nest thing you know your garage looks like the pic on the right.

View attachment 123850 View attachment 123851
Awesome thank you, can I trouble you for some picture of your sled to get an idea of the look?

Back