• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Afr safe levels

thor452

Because I can
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 Apex XTX 2017 Sidewinder LTX-LE
Hi everyone I am up ridding and doing final tuning of my SC I am getting terrible fuel mileage and am running about 10-10.8 when just cruising how high can it be low and mid range?Top end it is 12-13 so I think that's good there but I want to cruise and still get some miles out of my tank. Only getting 60-70 miles per tank not hammering on it.

Sent from my XT1564 using Tapatalk

Mid to upper 13s to be safe.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Hi everyone I am up ridding and doing final tuning of my SC I am getting terrible fuel mileage and am running about 10-10.8 when just cruising how high can it be low and mid range?Top end it is 12-13 so I think that's good there but I want to cruise and still get some miles out of my tank. Only getting 60-70 miles per tank not hammering on it.

Welcome to the Supercharger world.. they are pigs. WOT is too lean for my taste. But cruising is to fat. I would rather see at WOT at no more that 12.2 or high 11s and cruising with low boost and little to know load you can by in the high 12 and low 13's

Thanks Tom I will bring the top down too then. I expect it to be a pig but would like to get cruise to the highest safe level as that is where I spend most of the time running thru the Twisties and such don't use much more than 1/4 throttle with this beast.

I got her up to almost 9 mpg and was not being easy on her. I think I can get her tuned in from here. One last question is it okay when carrying 70mph or so thru some relatively straight woods trails if you see 13.6 at times?

I got her up to almost 9 mpg and was not being easy on her. I think I can get her tuned in from here. One last question is it okay when carrying 70mph or so thru some relatively straight woods trails if you see 13.6 at times?

What boost are you seeing at that MPH and RPM?

7-9000 rpm 4-5 lbs of boost

I have yet to see it hit 8 lbs so I think I have my pulleys correct

No temp gauge yet. Thanks for the help.

She is running like a well oiled machine.

Is there a way to adjust just the low mid range? Like from 1/8-1/4 throttle that is about 70 mph or so and she is running 12.9-13.8 then I hit the throttle more and holding around 90 plus mph and it is perfect 10.2-10.8 should I be concerned as I spend a fair amount of time running in the 70-90 mph range.

Is there a way to adjust just the low mid range? Like from 1/8-1/4 throttle that is about 70 mph or so and she is running 12.9-13.8 then I hit the throttle more and holding around 90 plus mph and it is perfect 10.2-10.8 should I be concerned as I spend a fair amount of time running in the 70-90 mph range.

Sounds fine to me. Watch the engine temp.

Back