• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Aftermarket Exhaust and Fuel Caddies

Lineman735

VIP Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2016 Viper XTX LE
2010 Nytro XTX
Anyone have any issues with having, for example, an Excell or a Hindle exhaust and carrying extra fuel in back? I know with the factory exhaust a turnout is available. I have a Skidoo Linq fuel jug on back and I was wanting to add an exhaust or maybe a turbo. Anyone have this setup? Maybe some heat shielding tape? Thanks

I have a full Hindle kit on mine, and am in the process of installing a Linq tank. Problem for me is to find an elbow that fits the Hindle muffler. Yamaha sells one for big $$$, just hate to order one in and have it not fit this exhaust.

If I'm not mistaken, I think the one yamaha sells, is only for their factory muffler.

I have a full Hindle kit on mine, and am in the process of installing a Linq tank. Problem for me is to find an elbow that fits the Hindle muffler. Yamaha sells one for big $$$, just hate to order one in and have it not fit this exhaust.

Contact Hindle, they make a turnout for their exhaust

Even with a turn out tip, weather it be from Yamaha or elsewhere, your still going to need a deflector shield, my buddy's backpack caught fire on his nytro xtx, wouldn't be quite as funny with a fuel can

I'm in the same spot. I made a mount for the Ski Doo Link gas can. The mount is awesome but I melted the can. Oops!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    119.7 KB · Views: 702
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    72.5 KB · Views: 389
Wow...was that with the Hindle? I contacted Hindle to find out if they sell a turnout and they don't. May be able to take the exhaust to a good exhaust shop and have one welded on.

I'm in the same spot. I made a mount for the Ski Doo Link gas can. The mount is awesome but I melted the can. Oops!

Yikes - A deflector of some kind is definitely in order......Those link cans aren't cheap either....
I had a saddle bags at the back once and the heat started to melt the nylon..... needless to say, the saddlebag idea was abandoned.
MS

Wow...was that with the Hindle? I contacted Hindle to find out if they sell a turnout and they don't. May be able to take the exhaust to a good exhaust shop and have one welded on.
I'll contact Lee and find out what's up....they did make one one cause the used my sled to design it...possibly they discontinued it due to low sales of the item.
With regards to the pic of the melted can....that system on that Nytro is the visible muffle with the Euro tip...which you can't add a turnout to....it requires the hidden system which has a regular tip.
Any muffler shop could make one easily for a couple bucks

No rush...I don't have an aftermarket system yet....still looking for a complete Hindle system. I actually found a nice piece of checker plated polished aluminum from work that I may cut down and mount in from of the fuel jug.

QUOTE="shadow44, post: 1312290, member: 9080"]I'll contact Lee and find out what's up....they did make one one cause the used my sled to design it...possibly they discontinued it due to low sales of the item.
With regards to the pic of the melted can....that system on that Nytro is the visible muffle with the Euro tip...which you can't add a turnout to....it requires the hidden system which has a regular tip.
Any muffler shop could make one easily for a couple bucks[/QUOTE]

Full Hindle exhaust. Made the elbow so it is suspended around the actual outlet on the muffler so vibration and cracking won't be an issue.

IMG_7918.JPG
IMG_7917.JPG
IMG_7921.JPG
IMG_7922.JPG
IMG_7920.JPG

Back