• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Aftermarket header....bigger tank possibility?

savageman69

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2014 arctic cat zr 7000 limited
Just was wondering with those short headers that it may make room for the cat bigger fuel tank? i know my buddies 600 cat has a bigger tank and id love to gain some range. Im not sure if header change would be enough to make it work or not but thought id throw it out there.

Hmmm, that got me thinking, are you sure, I already carry a mountain addiction 3.3 gal can .

am i sure what? i ride with a 2014 6000 cat and yes his tank is bigger without a doubt...we get the same mileage but he has more range

am i sure what? i ride with a 2014 6000 cat and yes his tank is bigger without a doubt...we get the same mileage but he has more range
That some cats have bigger tanks.

2014 AC 6000- 12 gal
2014 Viper- 10.6 gal

ask google..
yep thank you like i said....it would be a big bonus to do the header if i could squeeze the bigger tank in too

2017 Zr 6000 spec sheet says 11.7, is it worth the extra 1.1 gal, didn't check price.

I have the straight line shorty header, would be a nice addition if price is right, and it was a full 2 gallon's.

I agree. But I think the issue is the fuel pump. The bigger 2 smoke tanks aren't fitted with the fuel pump and fuel level holes..
then for argument sakes lets take the 1100 turbo tank...or 1100 n/a tank should be fitted with holes for both

Idk, looks like the fuel pump is molded into the tank but not cut out. And the location for the 1100 pump is way up high where the fuel filter is on the Viper. Guessing you'd have to either make the pickup work from a cat or cut the hole in the tank. Plus the level gauge would have to be cut in.

The first one you posted http://www.bd-xtreme.com/index.php?id_product=73&controller=product doesn't appear to have the molding for the pump in our stock location. And the tanks that are labeled 12 gal are actually 11.7 gal, but 13 gallons would be nice tho!

Back