• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Air box mod apex

ROCKRTX

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
I did this air box mod 3 year ago but never see a real gain,i am thinking maybe the bottom hole is not big enough...tell me what you think.

Attachments

• IMG_2830 [320x200].jpg
    IMG_2830 [320x200].jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 1,307

No reply so i tried something, make a bigger hole ( cut the flat bottom part ) so if its not working maybe i could duck tape to make the hole smaller.

But now with the bigger hole the Sled bark when i crack the throttle,i also remove prefilter it was clog with oil.

Attachments

• IMG_2836 [800x600].jpg
    IMG_2836 [800x600].jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 1,273
the reason there's no real power gain is you're pulling hot air from the eng bay it likes fresh cool air to make power, ie ram air lid or mod the top of air box with frog skin

For more cold air i remove the plastic piece in front yesterday.

Attachments

• IMG_2834 [800x600].jpg
    IMG_2834 [800x600].jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 1,682
This mod looks alot like the Ulmer Racing mod, from what you can tell. The Ulmer airbox get great reviews.

I have a similar cut to this, and also added drilled holes in the front of the airbox, but still under the filter foam. My thought being that it would get the cold air effect.

Does anyone believe that you can have too much opened up ?

You could cut 2 holes in the front pan, run 2, 2" pipe to the bottom of the box.Than put a screen over the holes in the front. As you drive the air flows toward the box by the tubes. Air force induction.

CANAM 4 Stroker said:
This mod looks alot like the Ulmer Racing mod, from what you can tell. The Ulmer airbox get great reviews.

I have a similar cut to this, and also added drilled holes in the front of the airbox, but still under the filter foam. My thought being that it would get the cold air effect.

Does anyone believe that you can have too much opened up ?

Similar?

Put some pic of your air box mod.

Do you think it is very important to have a power commander on the 2011 Apex with this air box mod????

I've heard that the injection is very lean on the new Apex, so it would be worst with this air box mod....

They run lean in mid range and on top according to dynos and Allen himself. Im going with an airbox mod only when my pcv is in in case i notice something different

Do you know if the Power Commander V with air box mod mapping is ready to use when we have the air box mod or if we need the autotune with it????

I think we just have to plug it and it's ready but I just want to make sure I understand...

Thanks!!!

i did the same thing but i drilled 6 holes in the front of my sled and put frog skin covers over them work great and cant even realy see it looks good

Back