• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ALL MOUNTAIN RIDERS PLEASE READ!!!

KbxSrx

TY 4 Stroke Guru
I am reading of too many guys dying needlessly in avalanches,
PLEASE, GET AN ABS AIRBAG BACKPACK!

Yes, they are expensive.

Yes, they can save your life.

Yes, it can happen to you.

I have done a rescue, missed (by a day) an extrication, NONE OF THE GUYS DYING HAVE AIRBAG PACKS ON!

Please, source one where you are, buy one from your nearest dealer, or PLEASE call me, I have some here.
This is not a money making proposition, these conditions scare the hell out of me and I hate hearing about these deaths.

When I go to the mountains, I take extras for guys I sled with, in the hopes that if something happens, we can help each other.

This may even help you guys on the flatland, in the rivers, lakes, whatever.

985, I can drop off or deliver to lots of places.

I am going to revy next weekend, edmonton tomorrow and sat.

Or courier, bus, mail,, whatever

You can own all the best equipment in the world but you need to know how to use it and the guys you are riding with needed to know how to use it as well. I just got back from Golden BC. I took a avalanche awearness course for 3 days. 6 hours class room and 16 hours in the field. We learned how to use our equipment properly(Becons/Probes) and cut into many snow packs to learn how snow reacts to wind, sun, and temp changes and many other interesting things. Sure opened my eyes!! After taking the course, I don't think I would want to ride with friends without the training because if I was caught, Would they know what to do??? Remember if you are caught your life is in someone elses hands! RIDE SMART AND BE PERPARED!!!

EXCELLENT post. I completely agree, I took a couple courses in the last few years, I am kind of ashamed to say not that extreme of one, but it is in the books for sure.
Way to go man! I would ride with you anytime.

Have you got your ABS backpack yet? I happen to know where one is, I talked to our buddy Darren about them today, actually.

I have the 30 Escape, my kid has the 15 Escape. I carry my safety shovel, probe, spare goggles, gloves, extra layer in mine. As well as video camera and other stuff. it is a really comfortable pack to wear all day. We are a dealer for the ABS ones and stock Freeride, Escape 15 and Escape 30 as well as refill cylinders and triggers(located in Northern Alberta) That is my biggest fear, that we get caught in an Avy, I would rather increase my chances of staying on top. the amount of money we all spend on our sleds and gear these things are a no brainer.

cool Brian, glad you got them. Please, when you get a chance, fax back the pages I left in the box.
PLEASURE DEALING WITH YOU!

How is Pemberton shaping up this year?

I got one at Haydays from the snowbigdeal.com tent. Great group of guys! They showed me how to use it and repack the airbags..
-dru

Back