• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Alpha CAI filter what to clean with

Good idea Dan,all I need toknow now is what type of cleaner to use,and it was pink,like cannadale questioned,i guess that color is the oil type,but this came with no instructions on care of the filter,someone must know,also I wonder if I can use air to help.
If it was pink then it was oiled and you will want to use the K&N cleaner and oil. It really works well. Just spray the cleaner on and rinse it under a faucet from inside. Won't hurt to use toothbrush like said for the real bad spots. Once it's dry then use the spray oil from them. It's easy since you will see the pink and it migrates everywhere so no need to soak it.

If it was pink then it was oiled and you will want to use the K&N cleaner and oil. It really works well. Just spray the cleaner on and rinse it under a faucet from inside. Won't hurt to use toothbrush like said for the real bad spots. Once it's dry then use the spray oil from them. It's easy since you will see the pink and it migrates everywhere so no need to soak it.
Steve,i don't understand why it came to me dry than,when we installed it,it was not preoiled,and no instructions on how to handle it.

Steve,i don't understand why it came to me dry than,when we installed it,it was not preoiled,and no instructions on how to handle it.
If it was Pink like you said it was then it was oiled. Not dry. If dry a K&N is white. Your filter was oiled.

If it was Pink like you said it was then it was oiled. Not dry. If dry a K&N is white. Your filter was oiled.
Can you see from one of the pics I have,it sure looks like a dull pink,if it was oiled it must of been very little,and should I reoil it once clean?

Nope, you don't want to damage the gauze. I spray it on and let it soak for 10 mins then rinse from the inside out.
So what do you use for a spray? Did you see the pics I have up from this post,it sure looks pink kinda,dirty pink lol. do you know if I can buy another filter same size,from K&N or Alpha? Heck I tried to find Alpha today with no luck,all I could find was an auto section on cars and turbos,nothing on sleds.

Its a k&n filter, use what they say to use...their cleaner and oil, not sure where the questions are coming from? These filters have been around forever, and they sell the cleaner and then oil. Just do what they say. I ran k&n on many toys and vehicles over the yrs, never used a brush on any.

If it's a k&n then you should only use the k&n cleaner and then oil after its dry. I thought you said it was a dry filter.

From reading on FB Acording to Henry Chan from Alpha they are not K&N filters. I would call Henry @ Alpha and ask him. Hours: 9am-6pm CST Mon-Fri 715.600.2024

correct..they are NOT k&n filters and I doubt oiled...IMHO should only be ran with a prefilter considering the significant amount of belt dust and no oiling...I wouldnt want that crap in my motor (ala mach z 1000 sdi)

I see no reason not to use the k&n cleaner though...or alternatively simple green ? if the belt dust is that impregnated into the fibers of the filter...Id 86 it and start over...

From reading on FB Acording to Henry Chan from Alpha they are not K&N filters. I would call Henry @ Alpha and ask him. Hours: 9am-6pm CST Mon-Fri 715.600.2024
Thanks,i already cleaned it with k&n kleener,but have not oiled it yet,i have another problem,once I removed it,from the hose,i found it now rubs on my other tubes that goes to the intercooler. Now that is not impressive,i have wrapped it,the bad rub spot on my tube,with duct tape,i sure hope it helps,its the metal wire mesh that is hitting the tube and rubbibg wear marks into the tube,also the hood pushed hard enough to show wear marks on top,where the hood rubs as well.

Thanks,i already cleaned it with k&n kleener,but have not oiled it yet,i have another problem,once I removed it,from the hose,i found it now rubs on my other tubes that goes to the intercooler. Now that is not impressive,i have wrapped it,the bad rub spot on my tube,with duct tape,i sure hope it helps,its the metal wire mesh that is hitting the tube and rubbibg wear marks into the tube,also the hood pushed hard enough to show wear marks on top,where the hood rubs as well.

Hmm that sucks. I don't have the CAI but I have the charge tubes. I don't remember seeing any marks from the hood on them the other day when I had the hood off. Anyone else? Mr. Sled?

Hmm that sucks. I don't have the CAI but I have the charge tubes. I don't remember seeing any marks from the hood on them the other day when I had the hood off. Anyone else? Mr. Sled?
Yes,it will only rub your charge tube that comes from the air recirculation chamber and where it returns to the intercooler,but only if you have the alpha CAI filter,its the Dia. size of the filter,there is not much room in there.The stock filter mounted on top of clutch guard was ok. But this filter is just long enough that it almost reaches the screen vent out front.

Last edited:
Ah gotcha. That sucks.

Sorry if you misunderstood,the marks will only be there,if you have this filter installed,as it is almost to large in Dia. it gets squashed between the hood and bottom charge tube.

Back