• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Always rotate your Clutch CCW to prevent issues when changing clutch parts!!

Man that last vid. you had made when the lg ball of snow fell into your lap,what had that done to your sled that day?
Broken windshield, knocked gauge cluster loose and popped grill vent by the handlebars out.

So I'm a liar? Never said there was a issue with a Viper or Grinder. This was a 09 NYTRO that it happened to. People said they had never heard of the problem before, I have and gave the circumstances.:moon:
Calm down lol... no accusations!

Sent from my SM-T705W using Tapatalk

Broken windshield, knocked gauge cluster loose and popped grill vent by the handlebars out.
wow,thats a lot going on with one large snowball,man your luck sounds kinda like mine brother,well lets hope our summer goes better for both of us..lol Cheers

Yes I definitely would not post that if I was not sure it was an issue. I am. In constant feedback with many cat and yamaha dealers and they keep me informed. This info was first brought to me by a ty member. Then confirmed through a few different dealers. I know i
Of 3 so far same exact way that it happened.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Yes I definitely would not post that if I was not sure it was an issue. I am. In constant feedback with many cat and yamaha dealers and they keep me informed. This info was first brought to me by a ty member. Then confirmed through a few different dealers. I know i
Of 3 so far same exact way that it happened.

Ben we are grateful for the heads up!

This has been reported on TY elsewhere.

Fx Nytro General Strange Starter Issue grizztracks gives us a heads up
FX Nytro General Problem after installing clutch kit lineman735 shares his experience.

These are from Feb and March of this year. Sorry I don't know how to do the links to set this up for you guys but these are the threads and the section.

My solution is a great big arrow on the primary indicating the correct direction of rotation. I'm not taking any chances I'll forget.

Good thing they brought it back up now because plenty of SW owners never owned the other sleds this has effected. strange thing is why is it still an issue? Has been know for years now at least put a sticker on the belt guard or engrave in the clutch.

We have a sindwinder at shop now that customer turned clutch CW and it jumped the timing and he tried to start it and bent all the intake valves

We have a sindwinder at shop now that customer turned clutch CW and it jumped the timing and he tried to start it and bent all the intake valves
Usually what we know is the tip of the iceberg. I'm sure there are lots yamaha warranty them with no questions. They know about this.

Usually what we know is the tip of the iceberg. I'm sure there are lots yamaha warranty them with no questions. They know about this.

Yes Ben I am sure they do know about it,but why not just add an arrow on the clutch to indicate with direction is correct so people wont do this by mistake? But I guess that would make someone liable correct.

the thing that i would find concerning is....

Sure the guys "clutching" may very well rotate the clutch CW, and those guys will now know better due to this thread.

But what about "average Joe" who never would clutch his sled, he just rides it....and then he blows a belt one day, and knows nothing about this, and turns the primary any which was he can to get out all the broken belt?

This is one of those things I find so hard to believe, but apparently it has and IS happening still. Wow yammie, sorta baffling.

Ya,Dan that sure is true,and as you said,disturbing,i hope Yamaha is listening.

This happened to me back in Feb., While installing the clutch kit in my 2010 Nytro, I unknowingly rotated the primary backwards...not sure how much though, but it was enough to do damage. This past week I removed the engine and took the top off to expose the pistons, clutch side piston had quite a bit of damage to the top of it, plus the valves were bent/broken . Costly mistake.

This happened to me back in Feb., While installing the clutch kit in my 2010 Nytro, I unknowingly rotated the primary backwards...not sure how much though, but it was enough to do damage. This past week I removed the engine and took the top off to expose the pistons, clutch side piston had quite a bit of damage to the top of it, plus the valves were bent/broken . Costly mistake.
Oh man,sorry to hear this,i am glad someone brought this to our attension.

Back