• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

And it starts... Guy at work says his 800 doo will beat sidewinder

WINDER1987

TY 4 Stroke Guru
So had to walk away after a debate with a guy claiming his 15 ski doo 800 will beat the sidwwinder because it has alot more torque on the low end... I can't wait till next winter to see if he's right lol

I am hardly the most qualified to comment on this but my nytro easily keeps pace with a 800 e tec till about 45-50mph. I gotta believe that when this turbo spools up on the sidewinder the doo will be completely toasted.

Ms

No chance, no way will it run with a Sidewinder, unless it has a turbo or decent shot of nitrous..

Lol, Not a chance.

I raced a couple of etec 800s this year. There was a group of them racing on the beach, i dont know what mods this one had, but it was beating the other 3 etec 800s by 4-5 sleds every race.

I asked if anyone wanted to race, of course the fastest etec there started chuckling when I asked if anyone wanted to race a Nytro.

To make a long story short, it was an embarrassment for the etec 800. I knew I was going to win, but it was still funny for me. This was at 10psi, and I was tinkering with my clutching so I was over revving pretty good.

If they are both running good, no way an etec 800 will touch it. Maybe if you disconnect one of the coils on the sidewinder? lol

Numbers on paper never tell the story. If they did the Yankees would win the World Series every year. My buds' E-tec is (supposedly) 150lbs lighter, 6 hp more & same peak torque. I destroy him from bottom to top. He went to Doo tuner this year & told him "i'm sick of that Apex walking away from me". So he doled out $600 for clutch kit & more. GUESS WHAT? I walk him from bottom to top

The doo will not stand a chance. Turbo power against 850 will be a joke. Long live the turbo

As long as we are all bench racing my Apex will beat the Winder. :) With the amount of HP they are claiming that statement had better not be true. 800 Doo is quick on the bottom 850 maybe more so. Winder is heavier and off the line waiting for the turbo to spool up the Doo could have an advantage but on top the Turbo should win out. Same chassis with the 177 Cat turbo top end is a bit more then My Apex but Cat is stronger in the middle. Radar runs the 800 Gade was topping out at about 110mph same top end as my Apex.

So my prediction is the 800 should pull a bit of a lead by a length or two then be reeled in in the middle and passed on the top.

from the vids i watched of the sidewinder i will be close out of the hole and I'm talking 30 ft. after that if the sidewinder "is" 204 hp there should be no trouble. my 180 hurricane viper destroys 800s and all of them! i love owning a yamaha. its the only thing that people are always impressed by. i love to swap sleds with people and its always the same. i ride theirs and can't wait to have my arms streached out when i get back on the viper. they ride mine and are shocked its blue! my favorite comment, "you ever sell that thing let me know!"

LMAO. Wow yellow goggles or what. Even when they know there's no chance in hell they'll win they still brag there sleds up. I guess if he bought the new doo he needs to reassure himself that he made the right choice. he'll know next winter after he lines up with one for a race., make sure you're there to see it and get it on video, then send him a copy. Haha

If an 800 Doo is even in the same zip code with a winder the winder owner needs some major studding, clutching and chasis set up education so he can use the power! MSD launch control is not real expensive and fixes any Turbo lag out of the hole if you really want to make it quick. I assume if will be available for the winder by next snow?

The Doo won't even be close enough to smell the exhaust!!

We have no snow so bench racing is as good as it gets!!! LOL

I trade wins with my 2011 apex against my buddies 2015 Rene 800, no way that doo will even stay with the SW with over 180 hp

OMG! This is too funny..... I have to laugh :rofl:
Tell your buddy to quit drinking the koolaid

Now, track lug will definitley be a factor here and I am basing these predictions with the BTX 1.75 track I will be getting. Would be a very interesting race between all the short lug tracks.

My predictions in a race 660':
Sidewinder 1
Doo 850 2
Doo 800 3

My predictions in 1000':
Sidewinder 1
Doo 800 2
Doo 850 3

My predictions in 1 mile:
Sidewinder 1 (Now he has to turn around and go back for the others cause they blew up)

Yup I love the DOOSERS! They talk trash the 4 hr ride to the snow and then we unload never hear another word the whole weekend! And by Sunday they are fighting over who is going to ride the viper!

And for you guys on here stating that once the boost kicks in try riding one of these there is NO waiting!!!!

Boy there are gonna be a lot of Apex on the market this fall.. I can't wait for my winder!!!
c7a75c2c1841126ec0b01b7a09d23e1f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back