• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Another short but sweet review from Sledmagazine.com

greatwhite89

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 Yamaha RS Venture TF
WEBSITE
www.snowflapjunkie.com
Yamaha
Before Yamaha presented their 2016 lineup, who could have said that the RS Vector could be my best pick this year? Certainly not me!!! Well, I was wrong! The new Single Shot suspension confused the issue, so did the improvements brought to the Genesis engine and the introduction of the D-Mode system.

On our second morning of trials at the Snow Shoot, as I was comfortably seated on a RS Vector X-TX, I pushed the throttle and I was far from expecting the upcoming experience… Effectively, the riding position seems somewhat retro compared with the FX Nytro and SRViper I rode during the last three seasons. Ok, my snowmobiling companions are leaving on the trail and I am going too. What is happening? I am totally astonished. The performance of the RS Vector pleases me right away... In a turn, I get inside the marks left by the surfacer in order to negotiate stutter bumps. Conclusive test. I take the following turn but at a faster speed… Same conclusion! The Single Shot suspension of 146 in./370 cm makes me quickly forget the Mono Shock found on the Vector.

20150313051128518.jpg

Yamaha RS Vector X-TX 2016

In terms of engine, in Sport mode, the performances seem better than the ones provided by the previous generation of the Genesis engine. Improvements are subtle but real. A little more punch at start and throttle responses that are a little stronger. While I am riding, I surprise myself thinking about trying out this model for a 400-500 km ride next winter…

Thanks...I'd love to get one. Sell my 07 Attak.. Maybe if I can get a good deal..

Back