• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Any reason not to buy a 2011 XTX Apex?

Exactly. And I have yet to drive a vehicle with sufficient engine braking force, including trucks with compression release brakes and 1960's big block cars with the dashpots unhooked.

you must be a lot more sensitive to it then most Apex owners because i feel nothing like that. I bet with a clutch kit that would not even be that noticeable. i know the engine braking is less on the 2011 and newer apex but it's still there

He is correct they killed the engine braking on the 11 up's. I noticed it in two ways first ride it was like my RX after a 1,000 miles, second was when the brake pads where gone in half the time as my RX because I had to use my brakes all the time. Something I had to get used to after getting to like the 4 stroke engine braking. It was to reduce engine braking not emissions!

i did notice more engine braking when i clutched my 11 but it ended up the same as my 05 war so all was good. the 09 phazer on the other hand got a good look at the trees as it was not engine braking as hard and scared me.

if you adjust the secondary spring you can get more of it back I noticed. it was strange I thought my slide were gone or something set the helix back to 60 and it was back to normal.

Crashed my 08 LTX gt and found a good deal on an 11. That has the EPS and motor updates. I read a lot about hyfax wear. Anything else? I was kind of thinking of a Nytro for something different but am having a tough time finding one I like.

Thanks
I have a 2012 xtx apex. I love it. 16000 miles nothing but routine maintenance. I would recommend running dupont slides and Simmons skis. You'll be surprised how well it will handle with the simmons.

I have a 2012 xtx apex. I love it. 16000 miles nothing but routine maintenance. I would recommend running dupont slides and Simmons skis. You'll be surprised how well it will handle with the simmons.

While I have tried the Simmons and the Curve skis on My XTX, I went back to the stock 11 skis and aggressive snowtrackers. Best thing I did. Duponts work well for me along with star kit.

Crashed my 08 LTX gt and found a good deal on an 11. That has the EPS and motor updates. I read a lot about hyfax wear. Anything else? I was kind of thinking of a Nytro for something different but am having a tough time finding one I like.

Thanks
OK, I bought the 11 Apex XTX Saturday. couple questions. At idle the EPS wasn't working, is that by design? Are people using the CR10EK spark plugs? and the front/bottom of the windshield kept popping loose while trailering home sort of clips in place. This looks to be a problem, any fixes?

Thanks,
Sleddog33

eps works at idle . hard to tell it on a surface where you cant turn the bars anyways it is more of an assist then true ps like a car. You will notice it when you start moving. if it is inop it will say eps on the dash. Some are using the plugs personal choice. the bottom of the windshield must have been pulled out at some point and the rubber is now either missing a bit or mis shaped. it will keep popping out unless you replace parts.

Totally agree Sasquatch. The folks that say that EPS is not necessary are the same ones that have never tried it for any extended periods of time over varying conditions. If they had they would think differently. Some people just don't get it, it just doesn't make it turn easier it isolates the junk from coming thru the bars. You're more relaxed and no death grip on the bars to hold on. LOL

Totally agree Sasquatch. The folks that say that EPS is not necessary are the same ones that have never tried it for any extended periods of time over varying conditions. If they had they would think differently. Some people just don't get it, it just doesn't make it turn easier it isolates the junk from coming thru the bars. You're more relaxed and no death grip on the bars to hold on. LOL
OMG what are you drinking? Cause I don't want any of that

WOW whats with the hate. Either Budman 1000 rides a Yamacat or my ex wife posts on TY.

WOW whats with the hate. Either Budman 1000 rides a Yamacat or my ex wife posts on TY.
Lol I have 2015 apex xtx and a sidewinder, and the comment was a poke at HighSpeedlodrag, we ride together and he's quite the character

EPS reduces the turning effort on the handle bars. The best example I can come up with is when you drop over a hill and a blind corner is there now. You brake to scrub speed and put all the weight on the nose of the sled then you just turn the bars and they turn with little more effort then any other corner. Without EPS I have fought the bars with every bit of strength to turn and with the extra effort to turn normal riding, on long trail ride days, day after day it just wears you down! No EPS my riding days are numbered! Sure I'm old and the young are bullet proof, I once was myself, but like death and taxes growing old is mandatory, only growing up is optional!

EPS = more aggressive carbides less effort to turn them! I once said power steering on vehicles was just stupid and not necessary. Along with a multitude of other things over the years. What is the matter with Carbs and Points? Who needs computers to run the whole damn show? I drove all over the country with manual steering, manual drum brakes, manual trans, bias ply tires, Carburetors, points and AM radio. Simple and easy to fix. Technology though can't stand still and people like things to be easier and safer. Other then the AM radio all of the above have done that in one way or in both. Reliability is an argument for another time!

Back