• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

anybody install tunnel protecters yet?

First tap the screws into the protector first then back out before you install they are a bugger to tighten from the get go then put the protectors on from the front to back no problem with adhesive on the protectors and exchangers . Did mine with no problem and are bonded tight now. When you tighten screws down you then slide the protectors to the front of the sled until they touch the end of the exchangers and let the adhesive dry for 24 hours done. Sorry for the long version lol
2016-11-20 12.41.17.jpg

What what is ? it's 3m adhesive kit with applicator gun.

First tap the screws into the protector first then back out before you install they are a bugger to tighten from the get go then put the protectors on from the front to back no problem with adhesive on the protectors and exchangers . Did mine with no problem and are bonded tight now. When you tighten screws down you then slide the protectors to the front of the sled until they touch the end of the exchangers and let the adhesive dry for 24 hours done. Sorry for the long version lolView attachment 122842
That is what I just did to mine tonight,i had more trouble getting the adhesive applicator loaded up than anything else lol,all good now.

Mine was from cat dealer that my yammie dealer got for me.

I think even the Yamaha ones will be made for cats,sense its there chassie,they don't say anything on them,mine are cats ones,and they look just like the ones you see now,they work great.

First tap the screws into the protector first then back out before you install they are a bugger to tighten from the get go then put the protectors on from the front to back no problem with adhesive on the protectors and exchangers . Did mine with no problem and are bonded tight now. When you tighten screws down you then slide the protectors to the front of the sled until they touch the end of the exchangers and let the adhesive dry for 24 hours done. Sorry for the long version lolView attachment 122842
Glad I tapped the screws first. Was a pain. Best advice in the thread haha

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Is everyone putting the screws against the heat exchanger or glueing them just before touching them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I glued mine then put the screws all the way in not against the exchangers but back 1 inch from the exchangers then slid them towards the front till they touched the exchangers . Than let it cure for a day they are glued tight now. Don't tighten them against the exchangers . The screws don't allow the protectors to go forward and the snow flap won't allow them to go back .

I'm confused..... by looking at the pic in the acc for the sw.....it looks like you need 3 pcs to go on heat exchanger....in description says they are sold in pairs ....can someone explain to me what a pair means ...and does any protectors go up in the front of the tunnel....

Back