• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

anybody install tunnel protecters yet?

Ok found it...I was gonna go with BRP and crimp them in like many did last season, but I think these are cheaper then the BRP.

YAMAHA -- SMA-8LR21-50-00

tunnel prot.jpg

get the protectors from full power performance they just slide on and bolt to back you don't have to take skid out to do them
The stock protectors from cat or Yamaha don't require the skid removal.

Just remember to run the screws in and out of the protectors once before installing them or else you will have a very hard time threading them in. Also make sure you have decent ventilation that glue smells wicked.

They OEM's don't offer them. You must go to the aftermarket for those.

Ah ok. Can I just get a one piece that covers the rear heat exchanger and the tunnel or do I still need two different pieces ( on each side of course)
Thanks.
STM has options on that.
Thats where I bought mine from.
The guys that run higher speeds recommend running the track tight. No sage of track off rails with rear end lifted off ground.

STM has options on that.
Thats where I bought mine from.
The guys that run higher speeds recommend running the track tight. No sage of track off rails with rear end lifted off ground.
I was looking on their site, I got confused with what I was seeing. Think looked at too many sites on the heat exchanger/ tunnel protectors today. I wonder if skid needs to come out for the full length ones..?

Back