• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anybody Remember These ????

BruceTheBaldGuy

Veteran
I've been wanting to post these....

Attachments

• 00230.jpg
    00230.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 132

Oh ya, looks like the old Shwinn Stingray. Riding two kids on that banana seat was great until your toes got caught in the spokes

Oh yeah ;)!

Now there's a vision from my mispent youth. I remember taking an umbrella with me on one of those, (Orange Crate model if memory serves) and trying to use it as a drag chute.

I got whizzing down a hill, popped the umbrella, whoosh, pulled me right off the back of the bike. Bike's all balled up, umbrella's all popped out backwards, rocks with goey hot tar are all embedded in my legs.

Yep, great memories, guess I never grew up. 8)

I never had one when i was a kid..we were poor..it would have gotten stolen anyway in my part of town..it took me 5 years to complete them...big $$$$...well worth it to me...thanks for looking... Steve your lucky you went back instead of forward, the shifter would have hurt...:mrgreen:

Man oh man! that takes me back, I grew on the south side of Chi-town (Chicago) for part of my youth and then things got better and we ended up on the north side (accros from wriggly field) for a little while but the one thing that was the same on the two sides of town was the way we hooked em up! man , we would lower the angle of the handle bars to fall forward a bit, we had the big mirrors on the end of each bar (not the dorky style but the real cool ones that streched out from the tip and then diped down), strechers of all colors all over the bike and i mean all over cover the bike almost completly. baseball in the spokes (at least 3) and the back of the bannana seat would always have to be at a downward slope (at the rear with the front higher then the rear) to give that ganster look and we replaced the front tire with a smaller one. man those were the days. thanks for takeing me back. :Rockon:

Back