• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

anyone missing a sled in the saskatchewan area?

The ad has already been taken down so something must of been fishy for sure. I am betting it was stolen and the seller thought better about posting it on the internet. lol

Is this a classic scam?? I replied to the kijiji ad which is now been taken down and today I got an email to send money by ebay.

copy and paste of email
Hello,

First of all I want to thank you for your interest for my 2009 Yamaha Nytro XTX with Aluma Snowmobile Trailer. Although I am registered in Canada I recently moved in London, United Kingdom at my parents but that should not be a problem because the sled will be shipped from Canada.

I sell it at this price because I just finished the divorce with my husband and when the divorce has finished I got this sled and I don't need it.My sled is in a great condition, clear tittle, no scratches or damage. The amount you will have to pay in order to own this sled is 2,900 Canadian Dollars with shipping costs and insurance included.

I prefer the payment to be done using eBay services so both of us can be protected.Please take into consideration that I will get paid only after you receive the sled,test it and give your approval.

If you agree with these terms please reply me with your full name and shipping address so I can send all the info to eBay and after that you will receive from eBay all the info you need.

Please click on this link for more pictures: http://www.use.com/c46b7c50cf8c8625b505 ... no#photo=1

Thank you
Jannet Colby

Sounds like the old story of a 17 year old kid who came home with a two year old Vette. He told his father he bought it from a neibour lady for $20.
When the father checked with the neighbour,she told him that she & her husband had just completed a divorce & he had emailed her to sell the car & send him the money.

Sled Dog said:
Is this a classic scam?? I replied to the kijiji ad which is now been taken down and today I got an email to send money by ebay.

copy and paste of email
Hello,

First of all I want to thank you for your interest for my 2009 Yamaha Nytro XTX with Aluma Snowmobile Trailer. Although I am registered in Canada I recently moved in London, United Kingdom at my parents but that should not be a problem because the sled will be shipped from Canada.

I sell it at this price because I just finished the divorce with my husband and when the divorce has finished I got this sled and I don't need it.My sled is in a great condition, clear tittle, no scratches or damage. The amount you will have to pay in order to own this sled is 2,900 Canadian Dollars with shipping costs and insurance included.

I prefer the payment to be done using eBay services so both of us can be protected.Please take into consideration that I will get paid only after you receive the sled,test it and give your approval.

If you agree with these terms please reply me with your full name and shipping address so I can send all the info to eBay and after that you will receive from eBay all the info you need.

Please click on this link for more pictures: http://www.use.com/c46b7c50cf8c8625b505 ... no#photo=1

Thank you
Jannet Colby

Other than the model name etc that is the same reply I have received for the last 2 years when I have knowingly replied to one of these scams!

You would think by now these scums would at least change their wording but if they sucker the odd person in, (which they must or they wouldn't keep doing this) then why bother I guess?

Just wish they were easier to catch but from what I understand, it is almost impossible? :o|

Here is another email after I told them I would come to Regina with cash to pick up the sled for $2900.00. I asked their phone number and what address to go pick it up. Remember this was first seen in Kijiji and Kijiji probably pulled the ad as they seen so many of them. Now the sled is magically in Whitehorse dont know why they did not say that on the Kijiji ad. LOL :die :die :die :die SCAMMER
PS. I told them that I have forwarded all emails to the RCMP in Regina. I wonder if I will get anymore. :Rockon:

Copy and paste

Hello again,

Thanks for your reply. The sled is located in Whitehorse YT and will be shipped from there.I lived in Whitehorse before moving to London. The shipping cost and the insurance are included and are not your responsibility.If you are interested I will need your full name and shipping address so I can send all the info to eBay and after that you will receive from them all the info you need about payment and shipping.

Thanks a lot for understanding and have a nice day.

P.S. You will receive the sled with owners manual, bill of sale, tittle and keys.

thats bull they just want you to send them your contact info so they can try to steal idenity, The bastards try and get there hands on idenities any way they can unbelievable, ever post something on craigslist and they want there assistant to come pick it up just send them your contact info so they can send the check by mail. LOL

At least this one was a 'divorce'....usually they involve somebody who is in the military who was injured and they try to make you feel sorry for them. Sometimes I'll play along just to waste their time (and mine) and see how they reply when I tell them that I have a friend in Whitehorse who can pick it up and save me the shipping.

next time you find a scam like this and they tell you that the item is in another place other than where you live, tell them that you have a brother living there and he will come to pick it up. I did this with a killer deal on a camper scam and never heard back.
It's too bad that there are people like this in the world. It makes it realy tough on the honest guys trying to deal on the net.

did you tell them you had a brother living there who would pick it up

Brother had black 2010 nytro xtx with 1.75 track on it stolen last season. Haven't heard anything yet. Smh

My daughter just sold her car online and for every real person that was interested she got 5 people trying to scam her with that paypal scam. The stories went from "I'm in the military and want to buy my dad the car to I'm a contractor for HP and cant get away, but I will pay you your price no mattter what it is, just send me your info. That's not even counting the people who wanted to "help" her sell it. The good news is she did finally sell it a nice young man who needed it for college.

What a waste of time, I wish there was some way to find out who they were. I would like to show up on their doorstep with a baseball bat.

Back