• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone running a Hurricane 280 tune?

snowmaaan

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha Sidewinder, Viper XTX Turbo, Apex SE, Vmax 4, SRX 700
Spoke to Dave today, sounds like a very sweet setup. Stock power until 6500 and then she comes alive. I have a Stage V EVO kit that is flashing a code 39. They want me to pull power out of it - basically have it become a stage 3. Pretty bummed with that solution - thinking of adding 30hp with a Hurricane map!!

Pull the trigger Dave!

It does sound like a sweet package.

For what its worth, I rode with a Evo stage 4 this last weekend equipped with 2.5 Magnum exhaust. We went at it from some roll ons as the Winder does not leave real hard. My Doo will walk away from it. The winder needs more power than that IMO.

I will have Daves tune in my Winder next season, but I will need to work on it if its only stock levels below 6500. Neeed more than stock levels below 6500 if your going to pull the clutching needed for 280 IMO.

Spoke to Dave today, sounds like a very sweet setup. Stock power until 6500 and then she comes alive. I have a Stage V EVO kit that is flashing a code 39. They want me to pull power out of it - basically have it become a stage 3. Pretty bummed with that solution - thinking of adding 30hp with a Hurricane map!!

are you running bigger injectors with the stage 5 EVO?? says on their website that they are required. curious

Pull the trigger Dave!

It does sound like a sweet package.

For what its worth, I rode with a Evo stage 4 this last weekend equipped with 2.5 Magnum exhaust. We went at it from some roll ons as the Winder does not leave real hard. My Doo will walk away from it. The winder needs more power than that IMO.

I will have Daves tune in my Winder next season, but I will need to work on it if its only stock levels below 6500. Neeed more than stock levels below 6500 if your going to pull the clutching needed for 280 IMO.
Mike, I will attest to the sluggish bottom end. Nice to see someone bring this up other then me....Owning a 1200 with iTC that has the most instant throttle response and bottom end snap, the SW is really in need of some help there.

Got some things in the works to test.....Next yr should be fun.

Dan

Had an awesome Conversation this Morning with Dave, lots of insight and always a pleasure Dave. Gonna be fun next season for me with my own SW.

Dan

This is great! Then you got xyz company saying you need bigger injectors then they say now you need a map sensor doesn't sound like they know? Great work Dave!

Dave is no stranger to making speed. He has his #*$&@ figured out. Let the games begin! Do I hear 300?

are you running bigger injectors with the stage 5 EVO?? says on their website that they are required. curious

Pretty sure he is running stage 4 EVO, same as me. They haven't released any of the larger stages yet because they require injectors and a map sensor for very big tunes.

I will have Daves tune in my Winder next season, but I will need to work on it if its only stock levels below 6500. Need more than stock levels below 6500 if your going to pull the clutching needed for 280 IMO.

I agree with Mike

This is great! Then you got xyz company saying you need bigger injectors then they say now you need a map sensor doesn't sound like they know? Great work Dave!

Just be careful.....xyz company is trying to keep your winder safe while 123 company.....who has already posted they have deleted the injector code in their program.. may just want to sell programs. You go over the duty cycle of the stock injector and you are going to have issues.

Didn't mean to invade the post and definitely not trying to start a war. There are 3 companies that advertise on TY and can make your sled perform. I just wanted to post some facts.

1 st where did he post said fact? 2nd the old zuk motor only had 2 injectors yet it support 100 more hp and then sum. Yet we are to believe the Yamaha motor with 3 injectors can't support 50 more horsepower? I would be more likely said company hasn't invested the time to go Thur 300 pages of code? And are to busy with said atv?

I can attest to some of Dave's past setups on nytros and apexs etc. His stuff has been and is awesome. He is a no BS guy and if he says it makes 280 and he has found a way to surpass what others thought was the max for the injectors, I would believe him as he is not going to lose his good name for 15 hp.

Jester

1 st where did he post said fact? 2nd the old zuk motor only had 2 injectors yet it support 100 more hp and then sum. Yet we are to believe the Yamaha motor with 3 injectors can't support 50 more horsepower? I would be more likely said company hasn't invested the time to go Thur 300 pages of code? And are to busy with said atv?

I can read between the lines at who you're hinting at. They know how hurricane did it. And they are going a different route..might take a little more time...but it's good for us consumers to have options...think how far the tunes came with the 1100 cat. We are still in the very early phase of tuning this motor

1100 turbo had 4 injectors.

Openly posting that they delete the injector code.

http://ty4stroke.com/threads/anyone-having-issues-with-td-power-trail-reflash.146927/page-2

Comment # 30

Just be careful.....xyz company is trying to keep your winder safe while 123 company.....who has already posted they have deleted the injector code in their program.. may just want to sell programs. You go over the duty cycle of the stock injector and you are going to have issues.

Didn't mean to invade the post and definitely not trying to start a war. There are 3 companies that advertise on TY and can make your sled perform. I just wanted to post some facts.

I had to quote my own post as I posted xyz company while 123 company.....thinking that buyrite01 was trying to keep low key and not name the company....which I took the wrong way because XYZ Performance is a vendor here and I got confused.

Back