• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone who studded a 2010 Vector LTX..read

Going to stud Vec LTX just purchased, 108 1.325 down middle. What's the deal on the rear heat exchanger protector?

Viper S said:
Going to stud Vec LTX just purchased, 108 1.325 down middle. What's the deal on the rear heat exchanger protector?

The deal is there is not enough protection so you have to add to what's there as noted in this thread to protect the heat exchanger otherwise the studs will chew all the fins off when you tail land or bottom it hard.

I looked at current set up with bars over the rear exchanger. Would a couple of Hyfax.strips riveted across the front facing fins work?

Tom,
Thanks for the clarification. Was unsure on placement...
Can u give me an idea on replacing the front idlers on the susp. ? The sled I purchased has two slightly larger Ski-doo wheels up front, with the newer replaceable bearing wheels next to them. The S-D wheels gotta go, looks like crap... Do I look for slightly larger Kimpex wheels? I understand what someone was trying to do with the larger wheels, but please....

Viper S said:
Tom,
Thanks for the clarification. Was unsure on placement...
Can u give me an idea on replacing the front idlers on the susp. ? The sled I purchased has two slightly larger Ski-doo wheels up front, with the newer replaceable bearing wheels next to them. The S-D wheels gotta go, looks like crap... Do I look for slightly larger Kimpex wheels? I understand what someone was trying to do with the larger wheels, but please....

Not sure what you are asking?

Just trying to find out what wheels to use (oversized) to replace the other off size/brand wheels. These are the front two outside idlers...
Sorry off topic and thanks for cooler protector answer.

Viper S said:
Just trying to find out what wheels to use (oversized) to replace the other off size/brand wheels. These are the front two outside idlers...
Sorry off topic and thanks for cooler protector answer.

You can try the X wheels from Excell... other then that I just use the standard wheels.

If you go with lerger wheels llike Excell's (they work great btw) I would change them all. I would be worried about only having a few wheels that are bigger, they will be takeing the brunt of the force on impacts and may lead to damage. If they are all the same height you don't have any sticking out.

They are great wheels, high quality, bearings that can be replaced and I like how they look!

tunnel protectors

we installed slider/hyfax tunnel protector to our ltx but, opposite to those shown in pics. we run the hyfax through the table saw same width as the aluminum tunnel protector (very tight) and snapped them on, and installed two small rivets counter sunk into the hyfax. we used hyfax material beacause we had lots around after installing new hyfax on the four sleds (local dealer only stocks 144" skid hyfax and you cut to desired length.....so always lots around).

as for wheels....the excell oversize units are units are great. you can also use pull-yer-arse ones with bearing swap.

I've put on around 1k miles now on are 2010 RS Vector LTX with 3.125 Woody's Gold Diggers. I put on only 1 " of protection and they hit a little so I put on another 1/2 " and now it has been fine. Same goes for my Attak.
The bottom line is you need 1 1/2 inches right over the cooler. You can taper down to nothing just behind the upper wheels.

I have about 1 foot of Hyfax added to my 2012 Vector LTX as well but my studs have a couple good gouges in my rad fins. How thick are these rads after the fins start? Should i be worrried about a leak?

Sledrad005_zpsf1368426.jpg
[/img]

Sledrad002_zps282de1e5.jpg
[/img]

Sledrad001_zps528d5b08.jpg
[/img]

After looking at this again it looks like the dealer didn't install the hyfax ahead far enough.

Sledrad006_zps0d29d8cf.jpg
[/img]

You need at least 1 1/2 inches. Hyfax alone isn't enough. Take some Aluminum tubing or strips and make the difference up over the cooler and taper to the back of the upper wheels. Don't go any further then the back of the wheels. My wifes LTX Vector has this with 162 1.325 Woody's and never hit. Same goes for my Attak.
Lot's of guys here have had this issue. This is how I learned to put the 1 1/2in.

The Hyfax did their job to protect the major portion of the rad, the back section of the rad. You don't think if I just extended them up to the upper wheels that wouldn't do it? I'm just not sure how i go about added to the hyfax that is there now.

Back