• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone who studded a 2010 Vector LTX..read

I don't think so. Better add more over the cooler then taper it down to 0 at the back of the upper wheels.
This is what I've learned reading posts on this for years.
Search hard there are lot's of posts and pictures.

Ok, Thanks, Just not sure how I'm going to add to the open ended Hyfax that is there now.
I'm going to stop in to see my dealer today for some ideas.

rx1rle said:
Ok, Thanks, Just not sure how I'm going to add to the open ended Hyfax that is there now.
I'm going to stop in to see my dealer today for some ideas.

I just checked my wifes 2010 Vector LTX and the cooler looks good. No digs,etc. from studs. I run Woody's 3.125 Gold Diggers with OEM track. I only added a piece of Hyfax over OEM protectors tapered to the back of the upper wheels.
She's only 100lbs or so and rides like an old lady so that may play in. I would add a little more any way to play it safe.
Sorry I thought I added more. On my Attak I did. Different cooler on that machine. But I swear others here with the LTX and OEM coolers had to go 1 1/2"'s. Be careful.

Maybe these pics will help

Attachments

• t__wsb_400x300_rearcoolerd_110.jpg
    t__wsb_400x300_rearcoolerd_110.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 568
  • t_dsc00192.jpg
    t_dsc00192.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 566
Just added my "blue" cut off slides to the heat exchanger hoping to stud after Haydays . Thanks for the helpful guidance guys

So what do you guys think added .250

Uploaded with ImageShack.us]Web Page Name[/url]Web Page Name

Uploaded with ImageShack.us]Web Page Name[/url]Web Page Name

I know for a fact you'll hit the fins unless it's 1 1/2 inches of protection. They may not rip thru into the cooler but will rip up the fins. Especially if you go more then 1.325 in studs.. I know this won't work. Saw a few articles here from guys who had this issue. This goes for newer 09 and up that come with OEM installed cooolers as well as add on coolers for 08 and below.

I know for a fact you'll hit the fins unless it's 1 1/2 inches of protection. They may not rip thru into the cooler but will rip up the fins. Especially if you go more then 1.325 in studs.. I know this won't work. Saw a few articles here from guys who had this issue. This goes for newer 09 and up that come with OEM installed cooolers as well as add on coolers for 08 and below.

right on!! If you stud you will need something extra.

You are correct just added another 1/4 inch..Will see if this works

Good morning, I have recently joined the group having just gotten back into the Yamaha fold. I rode Yamaha for many years but couldn't get my brain wrapped around the 4 stroke engines and was riding Polaris for the last few years. I've recently taken the plunge and purchased a 2013 RS vector 121 and have a question that I'm hoping you gents can answer for me. I stud everything i ride and I'm thinking of putting 96 studs up the middle on my vector. Do i need the additional tunnel protection that is being discussed here or is this only for the LTX with the larger rear heat exchanger?

Good morning, I have recently joined the group having just gotten back into the Yamaha fold. I rode Yamaha for many years but couldn't get my brain wrapped around the 4 stroke engines and was riding Polaris for the last few years. I've recently taken the plunge and purchased a 2013 RS vector 121 and have a question that I'm hoping you gents can answer for me. I stud everything i ride and I'm thinking of putting 96 studs up the middle on my vector. Do i need the additional tunnel protection that is being discussed here or is this only for the LTX with the larger rear heat exchanger?

From what I remember its only a problem on the LTX.

Thanks, Mr Sled. Does anyone have opinions on carbides for the front? I'd go with 6" on standard skis but i'm thinking of a set of tuners. What combination is everyone using on the tuners with 96 studs? is it as simple as 2 inches on the outside and 4 inches on the inside?

Tuners are ok... but not ideal. Toss a set of Slim Jim Dually Carbides on your stock skis...

Yea I put them on my OEM 2007 Attak ski's and I'm quite happy. I had Pilot 5.7's and they didn't do well for me. Did the wifes RS Vector LTX the same and she's very happy.

Back