• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone who studded a 2010 Vector LTX..read

Any factory updates on 2011-2017 Vector LTX's to eliminate this issue?

So I am planning on some studs for control and stopping on my 136” Any suggestions on pattern and minimal amount of studs. Double backers or singles. Now for protection. Are you going 1 1/2”from the cooling fins or from the outside edge of the already square tubing? Thanks

I did double backers on my 2010 Vec Ltx, 4 every other, then 2 every window on my 2011 Vec Ltx. Both worked well and can’t say which was better. Really liked both sleds. Both times sold sleds to update to other sleds ( Yamahas).
Both sleds I added the 1.5 hyfax on the protectors to the rear protectors (on top of them making them taller) and adding more protection to the cooler. There’s a pic somewhere in this post! I used a V pattern like Woodys has on a lot of there diagrams for 108 studs which fit the 136 pattern. Use more if more control or hook up wanted.
I’m in the process of of getting another Vector this week. This one has the Ice Ripper track, but may add studs if it doesn’t hook up. It does have the added protectors though.
Do the mod, enjoy a great trouble free ride this Winter!

I just bought an 11 ltx gt with the 121 track. I have a smaller cooler in the back directly behind the factory protectors. Is more protection still needed?

I just bought an 11 ltx gt with the 121 track. I have a smaller cooler in the back directly behind the factory protectors. Is more protection still needed?
A LTX has a 136 in track and yes you would need 1 1/2 in of clearance over the fin's. If you have oem protectors then an old slide would give the extra clearance.

A LTX has a 136 in track and yes you would need 1 1/2 in of clearance over the fin's. If you have oem protectors then an old slide would give the extra clearance.
I stand corrected. Its just a GT. Not sure why i thought it was the ltx. Thanks.

Good comment about add on of hyfax to the cooler, my latest Vector I didn't do that last year when I got it, and scuffed the cooler My buddy and I added to the hyfax and ran this Winter and a Big Boy Spring, no more issues ( I'm 6'2 and 230lbs. wth gear too...)!

Back