• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

apex mods. ulmer racing

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 sidewinder 2011 vector gt 2010 fx nytro 2009 vector gt
just wanted to give a report on the 2011 apex 128" sled. I bought a ulmer clutch kit, airbox mod and pcv from Allen. hands down the best setup out there. this setup rocks. thanks Allen

Have not had a chance to race anyone with it yet. Yesterday was first ride with everything on it. Hopefully the lakes freeze soon

What do you like most about it? Is it improved across the whole rpm range or low to mid rpm?

It has a lower engagement so it doesn't inferno the track helping with traction and has more low and mid pull, and it is vety smooth. Looking forward to getting a chance to see what it is like on long runs. Don't really have the space to really stretch its legs on the trails around here for a long distance.

I have almost the same , except I also have a MBRP muffler , no studs and no clutch kit . Haven't ridden the sled yet still waiting on snow. Really intrested in hearing what to expect

I too have this setup for my new to me 2011 Apex SE. Hoping to do my first ride this coming weekend but really won't have a chance to run it thru the paces since my 12 year old son will be riding with me on his 05 F7. But soon after maybe stay in New Years Eve and ride all day New Years day and not have a major hangover...We'll see how that turns out

almond1000 said:
Have not had a chance to race anyone with it yet. Yesterday was first ride with everything on it. Hopefully the lakes freeze soon
I have a 20011xtx with air box mod and pc5 ulmers map and it runs strong. I had a chance to go riding with my buddies new turbo 1100 cat xf he runs a clutch kit and different gearing we ran them off and the first time he couldn't catch me till 85 mph then the second time it was a dead even race until 85mph and he got me by 2 lengths at 90mph I wasn't to impressed with the so called fastest production sled, he had nothing for me out of the corners. We were on perfect groomed trails with lots of snow.

smitdog55 said:
i got the same setup and can't wait to get out and use it. How many miles on it before you installed it?
o
I had 290 miles on the sled last saturday when i installed everything. I put on 200 miles since yesterday and love it. Can't wait to see what it does when I have 1500 miles on the sled. Motor is still pretty tight yet

I have the same setup in my 12, 128" except I have a 40 tooth gear on the bottom.
Haven't had a chance to run any one yet but hope to get the chance Thursday.
I have put on about 30 mi so far. It is much more responsive largely from 22 grams less weight per arm, 66 gr total less weight than stock=quicker power to the ground!
We will see but it feels good so far! ;)!

kviper said:
I have the same setup in my 12, 128" except I have a 40 tooth gear on the bottom.
Haven't had a chance to run any one yet but hope to get the chance Thursday.
I have put on about 30 mi so far. It is much more responsive largely from 22 grams less weight per arm, 66 gr total less weight than stock=quicker power to the ground!
We will see but it feels good so far! ;)!

I haven`t had my case apart yet, what is stock gearing in the 128"? are 2011 and 2012 the same? I was thinking of regearing but at 250# i might be too fat to pull it .lol

almond1000 said:
just wanted to give a report on the 2011 apex 128" sled. I bought a ulmer clutch kit, airbox mod and pcv from Allen. hands down the best setup out there. this setup rocks. thanks Allen
Quick question for you, not asking what you paid for this but what is the amount Ulmer's asks for this setup?

Back