• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex PCV autotune map.

87gtNOS

VIP Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
12 Apex XTX MCX powered
Would love to see someones autotune map after a few revisions with the autotune.

Been using the PCV on my Harley and see how much the autotune is changing things, so very curious just how much change vs. PC3 change is going on.

Thanks

I can be emailed @ gotnos51 at hotmail dot com!!

lots of views...but I guess no one uses a PCV with autotune on an Apex?

Im thinking of getting one to go on mine to go with my air box mod this season (maybe Yamcharger next season). Would love to know what gains to expect. Is it just plug and go with autotune and O2 sensor?

Im thinking of getting one to go on mine to go with my air box mod this season (maybe Yamcharger next season). Would love to know what gains to expect. Is it just plug and go with autotune and O2 sensor?

Not that easy...but close.
I have a pretty good idea of how I would want the base autotune air-fuel tables to look like.

Still waiting for someone to come out of the woodwork and post a map made by autotune on their apex!!

I installed PCV on my MPI APEX; iv been working on getting the map right.....Im going to put more time in tomorrow. It has great potential but getting it built from scratch with no Dyno isn't easy I'm finding. Im getting use to ridding with my lap top on the seat...I will miss it when Im done.....watch movies.....what ever else you can do with a Lap top other than run the PCV software...

There is not a map for an Auto-tune... the table should be empty or the trims should be applied... it will build changes to the Trim Map as you ride it. Then if you like the changes then you apply the trim map to the base map....

You have to really watch the Auto-tune trim map as it can get some weird numbers on and off throttle blurp that will need to be changed before you apply the trims to the base map or it will toss your base map out of whack.

There is not a map for an Auto-tune... the table should be empty or the trims should be applied... it will build changes to the Trim Map as you ride it. Then if you like the changes then you apply the trim map to the base map....

You have to really watch the Auto-tune trim map as it can get some weird numbers on and off throttle blurp that will need to be changed before you apply the trims to the base map or it will toss your base map out of whack.

Thanks for the heads up in the off throttle; iv been really smooth but have considered flipping the tune swith off when I come to the end of a pass, I'll do this now
Also, with no trims the sled would not roll into boost, it would actually die until I found a ball park trim value that the sled would run on to than build around it....it's been much more difficult than I expected. Iv had moments I thought I'm almost their and during fine tunning it seems to go the other way, and than I start to cry lol.
Last night I spent some time reviewing my Afr auto chart and going over past maps and data logs.... I will get this or die trying. All I do is think of that old GEMS and that gives me power....

Thanks for the heads up in the off throttle; iv been really smooth but have considered flipping the tune swith off when I come to the end of a pass, I'll do this now
Also, with no trims the sled would not roll into boost, it would actually die until I found a ball park trim value that the sled would run on to than build around it....it's been much more difficult than I expected. Iv had moments I thought I'm almost their and during fine tunning it seems to go the other way, and than I start to cry lol.
Last night I spent some time reviewing my Afr auto chart and going over past maps and data logs.... I will get this or die trying. All I do is think of that old GEMS and that gives me power....

Lmao. Where do u live? Do u have at least a base map loaded?

Lmao. Where do u live? Do u have at least a base map loaded?
Today was a good day......that apex loves me and it's new almost perfect map.....and yes I built a from scratch map. I ran out of time today but it is nice, give me a couple more hours and some more fuel...(that's why I had to stop...and the kid also had a birthday party.....) I scrapped my other starter map and build new, once it was close I only auto tuned on the gas and flipped of the auto before slowing down, worked great. The area that is tricky is 5750/6000rpm to 7200rpm.....right at the vac boost transition; I have started to massage that area manually as it seems to be a fhuk show for the auto tune. I really appreciate your suggestion on the off the gas issue, it seemed to add fuel over time and I didn't catch onto that ...I don't know why, could have been I was on the edge of crazy and wasn't thinking as good at times as I could have.
Live in Northern Alberta

Today was a good day......that apex loves me and it's new almost perfect map.....and yes I built a from scratch map. I ran out of time today but it is nice, give me a couple more hours and some more fuel...(that's why I had to stop...and the kid also had a birthday party.....) I scrapped my other starter map and build new, once it was close I only auto tuned on the gas and flipped of the auto before slowing down, worked great. The area that is tricky is 5750/6000rpm to 7200rpm.....right at the vac boost transition; I have started to massage that area manually as it seems to be a fhuk show for the auto tune. I really appreciate your suggestion on the off the gas issue, it seemed to add fuel over time and I didn't catch onto that ...I don't know why, could have been I was on the edge of crazy and wasn't thinking as good at times as I could have.
Live in Northern Alberta

You should add your location in your profile. Sounds like you are getting close... great job.

Hi ! I have a APEX RZR project and i have built parts of my turbo kit an bought some parts from mcx :)
i'm going for a power commander with auto tune. i use a 2011 apex motor :)
and i will mount the tab on the dash to watch and adjust :)

10421216_747865071917848_1627115816988994253_n.jpg

Still waiting to see an autotuned map from any apex....very curious what the low end looks like. I suspect fuel removed...lots, like -20's....
Also, I assume autotune is set to do nothing at ZERO throttle position (just as it is with my Harley).

Back