• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex XTX vs Arctic Cat XF 9000

1400 miles on the cat 9000 a 14 XF and it's on the 4th 180.00 belt. Also changing belts trailside is a nightmare with 30 feet of cord wrapped up in the clutches. Cat is not fun to own, but thats the price you pay to go fast. XTX trades wins messing around racing a bit with both stock. Seating/ride/handling can all be personal preference, its good, but XTX set up right can be better. XTX = turn key for years XF = low cost to make big power but big money to maintain. Factor in belt costs and new clutches to make them last on Cat, a Viper with boost kit is prolly cheaper in the long run. This is my observation so far, I lean towards turn key, winter is to short.

1400 miles on the cat 9000 a 14 XF and it's on the 4th 180.00 belt. Also changing belts trailside is a nightmare with 30 feet of cord wrapped up in the clutches. Cat is not fun to own, but thats the price you pay to go fast. XTX trades wins messing around racing a bit with both stock. Seating/ride/handling can all be personal preference, its good, but XTX set up right can be better. XTX = turn key for years XF = low cost to make big power but big money to maintain. Factor in belt costs and new clutches to make them last on Cat, a Viper with boost kit is prolly cheaper in the long run. This is my observation so far, I lean towards turn key, winter is to short.
This is great input from everyone especially those of you who have been on both. The last comment brings up the other thing I was pondering. What about a Viper with a turbo? Is that not the best of both worlds - ride/positioning and speed? It's got the ProCross chassis and is faster than just stock (which is what I disliked about the Viper. ) What horsepower is the turbo? Is it as fast or faster than the Apex & Cat Turbo?

This is great input from everyone especially those of you who have been on both. The last comment brings up the other thing I was pondering. What about a Viper with a turbo? Is that not the best of both worlds - ride/positioning and speed? It's got the ProCross chassis and is faster than just stock (which is what I disliked about the Viper. ) What horsepower is the turbo? Is it as fast or faster than the Apex & Cat Turbo?
There you go ! Get a new Viper Turbo and you should be happy. I heard around 180HP . Done

:yam::flag::flag::Rockon::cool:

The cat is so slow in acceleration, in a 660 ft race between a cat turbo and apex xtx the apex will be extremely faster . The cat is so far behind its not possible to count sledlenghts. The cat maybe have a bigger top speed, i don't know.

Yep, now a crack in one of the ears of the chaincase, wow. I knew these things were junk but already. Actually has 999 kms.
All trail ridden miles.

I rode both before deciding on my XTX. I've owned skidoos and cats in the past so I'm open minded to other brands. The two biggest things that turned me away from cat was the turbo lag coming off turns in the twistys and the reliability factor. This was my 2nd season of the XTX. Great sled. Least reason for buying the sled was power steering. My favorite thing about the sled power steering. People just don't get it till they ride it for a full day. Btw my wife rides a 14 xf7000

I have ridden them all and almost bought the turbo cat, I have had a turbo nytro and just bought a viper for the wife. I love my apex xtx after running it stock for 2 years decided to turbo it as well, wow what a rocket now and a blast to ride. What I spent to turbo it my buddies have spent on their cats trying to fix clutch issues. go with the apex

Yep, now a crack in one of the ears of the chaincase, wow. I knew these things were junk but already. Actually has 999 kms.
All trail ridden miles.
Ouch! Sorry to hear that. This is the type of information that scares me about the cat.

Also my wifes viper broke the starter and ring gear at 56 miles, dealer fixed under warranty but was a 2600 repair !! not very impressive.

Wow,you may not like what I have to say about the cat turd than,i bought the 13 cause all the problems of the 12 was to have been fixed,Not!! First ride blew bbelt cause primary was to tight,and seized up,2nd belt blew to pieces when we finally could hold it open for more than 1/4 miles. belts 4thru 12 cant even begin to exsplain how many issues it had,at the end of the first year and I did manage 2500 miles,i blew the chaincase apart,now nest year new everything,and 600 miles into year,motor was going south,losing compression,ya it was fun when it was not broke,but it was not stock either,pipe and stage 4 boost box,although I only ran it on setting 1 which was 200hp,it would eat my other apes we have in our fleet,no lag when boosted,and a lot of fun till it goes Bamm,or Boom belt goes south again,finally traded in on an 2015 apex xtx,300 miles of smiles,still all stock,not even studded,15-19 mpg run 111 gps on good snow,all I need for now.

Wow,you may not like what I have to say about the cat turd than,i bought the 13 cause all the problems of the 12 was to have been fixed,Not!! First ride blew bbelt cause primary was to tight,and seized up,2nd belt blew to pieces when we finally could hold it open for more than 1/4 miles. belts 4thru 12 cant even begin to exsplain how many issues it had,at the end of the first year and I did manage 2500 miles,i blew the chaincase apart,now nest year new everything,and 600 miles into year,motor was going south,losing compression,ya it was fun when it was not broke,but it was not stock either,pipe and stage 4 boost box,although I only ran it on setting 1 which was 200hp,it would eat my other apes we have in our fleet,no lag when boosted,and a lot of fun till it goes Bamm,or Boom belt goes south again,finally traded in on an 2015 apex xtx,300 miles of smiles,still all stock,not even studded,15-19 mpg run 111 gps on good snow,all I need for now.
Put a turbo on that Apex and you will have a real BEAST!!!

I have an XTX and my buddy has the Cat turbo. I outweigh him by a hundred pound, am much less aerodynamic and have 20 less hp. Yet his top end is about 2mph more then my XTX. I think I'll stay with my Yamaha, that 4 hole sings a sweet song.

I rode both before deciding on my XTX. I've owned skidoos and cats in the past so I'm open minded to other brands. The two biggest things that turned me away from cat was the turbo lag coming off turns in the twistys and the reliability factor. This was my 2nd season of the XTX. Great sled. Least reason for buying the sled was power steering. My favorite thing about the sled power steering. People just don't get it till they ride it for a full day. Btw my wife rides a 14 xf7000
X2

Back