• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Arctic Cat ET6000 vs Viper

sk-rx1

TY 4 Stroke Guru
So its the time of year we "discuss" the 2 stroke vs 4 stroke thing. Has anyone ridden both sleds to see what the differences really are? The HP is pretty close, slight edge to the Viper. 6000 seems to have a small MPG advantage and obvious weight advantage. Do the feel similar, or is the lighter weight, lower CG a big difference?

I have not ridden a Viper, but I have ridden the 6000. It is a ripper. Hands down the fastest 600 I've ever ridden. My boss beats his pretty hard through the trails and claims it gets 14-15 MPG. He says it burns a fair amount of oil. Top speed of 92.

I am not a 2 stroke guy but I would not hesitate to buy a 6000. Very snappy and I haven't read about any issues with reliability.

Thanks for the reply. Most of what I have heard about the 600 is positive. My biggest interest was in how it feels in the trails compared to a Viper. How much difference does the lighter weight and lower CG make. Unfortunately one of the moderators would not let this post stay in the Viper section. I think there are some things that can be done to the Viper to get it closer, just don't know how big the difference is now. I've been a 4 stroke guy since 2003 also, just wondering how much I'm missing.

I raced one yesterday on a packed snow track with my stock 2006 Apex RTX. I was very surprised that I could still see the sled at the end of the 500 ft track. I am guessing I only had a sled and a half length on him. Strong runner.

Back