• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Arctic Cat to be acquired by Textron for $247 Million.

Deeppow16

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 Arctic Cat M8000
2009 Yamaha Nytro MTX (Totaled)
2002 Polaris 600 XCSP (Sold)
1999 Ski-doo Formula 500 (Totaled)
I just read this article. Textron will be buying Arctic Cat and all its shares. They are keeping the Acrtic Cat name but not sure how this will effect the agreement with Yamaha. What do you think?

Textron has a motors division, so it will be interesting to see if they feel they need to maintain the relationship with Yamaha long term.

Textron owned Polaris awhile back I guess.

Textron has a motors division, so it will be interesting to see if they feel they need to maintain the relationship with Yamaha long term.

Does Textron make the motors for the vehicles that are in the same division that Cat is in?

As long as it a run as a subsidiary, the extra financial leverage, will help Cat immensely. Maybe some Aerospace technologies will leak over as well who knows.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Crap. Looks like they offered more than Yamaha. Heard this was coming. Not good in my opinion. At least its not a holding company or is it?

It's not a hostile takeover, so a direct competitor purchase was likely to have been voted down by the board. Not to mention diversification is the name of the game right now, so why would a competitor want them. Plus, regulatory issues if the feds didn't want less competition.

Defense is where most of there money comes from. On the upside they have money. On the downside they probably aren't used to fast product cycles and speed of innovation. Cat as a brand needs help and sleds don't matter. It's all about the atvs/sxs simply due to the size of the market.

I would imagine it's atv's and SXS's they are interested in. Military sled? Diesel power?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crap. Looks like they offered more than Yamaha. Heard this was coming. Not good in my opinion. At least its not a holding company or is it?

I couldn't help myself

Attachments

• Acquisistion.JPG
    Acquisistion.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 140
Defense is where most of there money comes from. On the upside they have money. On the downside they probably aren't used to fast product cycles and speed of innovation. Cat as a brand needs help and sleds don't matter. It's all about the atvs/sxs simply due to the size of the market.

This is not different then when in 2003 Bombardier sold to groups of investor with Bain Capital owning 50% of BRP. I think they have been doing well since. (Beside their engine being assemble in Mexico).

Back