• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ASPHALT HELP ON APEX

vollender

I just bought a 06 apex mountain. I will be making into a asphalt sled. Looking for set up help. It is bone stock, I will putting in a 136 track. I have built many drag sleds so I know what to do on lowering it.

I run at 4600ft and during summer its 100 degrees out.

I have a 06 apex in a jr comp dragster.

I am looking for gearing and clutch set up and secondary helix. any other tricks that I should do.

The picture is my Daughters jr comp dragster with 06 apex engine.

Thanks Ray

Attachments

• DSC_8274.jpg
    DSC_8274.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 178

1/4 mile I take it?

That's pretty cool that your daughter is racing. Start 'em young! Have a buddy who's kid wants to race. How old is your daughter? How fast does that Apex engine propel the dragster? Any engine mods? If not stock, how much HP is it producing?

Yes we race 1/4 mile.

My daughter started racing Jr Dragsters at age 10, she raced jrs till she was 17. She is now 18, Last year was her first full year in the dragster in our sportsman class. She won 2 races. Last year in 4 classes between jrs and big car she went to 9 finals and won 5 and won the high school championship.

Car runs any were from 10.95 to 11.30. at around 118 mph. the 100 degree heat is hard on fuel injected sled engine, but I am starting to figure out tricks to keep more consitant.

This car is so fun, I ran it when I first built it when I broke my vmax4 and won a wally in it.

This is why I am trying apex sled, just hit the key and go that is what the car does every time.

Raced my Apex for 3 years on asphalt. Engine stock, White Knuckle Performance exhaust (they are out of business now, but to me they built the best exhaust for the Apex). Had a fuel accelerator and clutching with nitrous. Never changed clutching between running with or without, the sled ran 10.70's at best without nitrous and 9.59 with nitrous. But, that fuel injection like we talked about awhile ago...some days it would react different. Still run the same number but reaction times were either late from a bog or would redlight.

That's pretty cool! You got to be a proud dad! Good job in raising her right... On Yamaha power... :4STroke:

Back