• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Back off front spring preload 3mm from what???

dom

Ok, Ive read that you can back off the '03 front spring preload by 3mm to help correct ski lift. My question is, 3mm from where? The manual says to keep preload adjustment between 156.6mm and 146.6mm. What would this measurement be when you back off 3mm? Also, would anyone happen to have the correct measurement from the top of the shock threads instead of the center of mounting bolt? It seems impossible to get a tape measure anywhere near the top mounting bolt, unless you take the shock right off. Thanks for any help!! This will be a temporary fix and I will definetly get the straight rate springs later on!

if you look close there is a line that go's acrossed where the center of the bolt runs, I use a solid ruler, works great! I don't have the book in front of me but I thought the measerment was. Min 4.75 to Max 5.25 inchs from center bolt to top of shock adjuster.

Thanks HONK, I didnt notice the line, but I will check again. I believe your measurements are correct, but that would be in inches. I'm still waiting for someone to tell me if Im supposed to back off the springs 3mm past the recommended limit or what??????????

Hey Dom, I have been playing with my set-up for weeks now. I installed the longer links, and also the viper shocks in the rear. Also 120 gold diggers up the middle. I will have studs the rest of my life now. What a huge diff. Truly amazing! The ski lift was completely different from last year after these changes. Almost dangerous to be exact! I have backed off the front shocks. made for less lift, it was better. Also have been softening both rear shocks, can't seem to get it to bottom out. Just keep playing with it dom, you'll get it worked out! Seems like having the front shocks drawn up tight, it was making the front tippy and to tight. Honk

Back