• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Backcountry track

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2005 rx warrior
2013 apex xtx with woodys power up kit clutch work and mbrp pipe
My rip saw track has #*$&@ the bed in my '13 xtx apex. I'm ordering a backcountry track as that is the only decent option for my riding style and conditions since the rip 2 is not available in a 144" length. I'm going to shave the track to 1.25" from 1.75" and re use my studs. Just looking to see if anyone has run a shaved backcountry. Will be a solid lug and stiff for sure should move forward better then the rip saw did.

I had one on my '09 Nytro XTX. I trimmed it down to 1.5" and studded it. Worked great in my opinion. I rode mostly groomed trails with the occasional ditch.

I had one on my '09 Nytro XTX. I trimmed it down to 1.5" and studded it. Worked great in my opinion. I rode mostly groomed trails with the occasional ditch.[
I had one on my '09 Nytro XTX. I trimmed it down to 1.5" and studded it. Worked great in my opinion. I rode mostly groomed trails with the occasional ditch.
Get good life out of it with it shaved down? I'll be going an extra 1/4" off but should stiffen the lug further, also so I can run my 1.375" studs from my pooched track.

Have you looked at the Crossover? 144x1.5 . I've used one in my 144'd Attak and my 11 Apex XTX. Very durable and great traction , even without studs. It's got great side bite when cornering and is really great when braking. Just a suggestion!

I didn't keep the Nytro long enough to comment on longevity after I trimmed it. After 760 miles I didn't see any ill effects.

i wouldnt shave it down that far. whats the point then? if you want traction, take it down to 1.5" or buy a 1.5" crossover track and save your time and energy! shaving a back country down to 1.25 would be dangerous in my opinion only having short totally lateral lug pattern. you'd need to put a lot of nails in it

Back