• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Banshee Clutch plates

Wedigsrx2

I don't ride my piped and ported Banshee much anymore, I put syntheic trans oil in it a number of years ago and noticed the clutch slipping from the start.
I drained it a few times and it still slips under load for a second or two, anyone know if their is a cure for this condition ?

I have the larger surface area plates installed. Dont know the part number.

Anyone have recomendations on new clutch plates ?

I have always used Barnett clutches myself in my motorcycles with the heavy duty spring kits.

what I would recommend you do is dump that synthetic oil as that is causing the problem. happened to me on my bigbear and my xt350. run a cheap oil to flush it out and then put the proper yama lube or equivalent dino oil in it. it should stop slipping after all the synthetic is out of the clutch plates. if it still slips, you will need new clutch plates.

Yes I did drain the oil multiple times. Still slips, only noticeable in excellent traction conditions.
Has anyone tried disassembly of clutch and cleaning fiber plates ?

I have not. usually when mine slips I replace it as it has a few miles.

Back